Zerg Concept Art Video /ZERG!! (merged topic)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Lemmy, Oct 9, 2007.

Zerg Concept Art Video /ZERG!! (merged topic)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Lemmy, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

2. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Re: Zerg Concept Art Video

Nice find! , not a whole lot but it's quite good!! , they have done alot of good work by making everything smoother and very nice! :D , thank's!

3. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia

i wonder what those zerg cretures were....i think 1 of em were a zergling with a long tail?? and another one was the nudus worm?? i dno...but the other 2 look completely new...i think...yeah...lol

anywyaz nice find!!! =P

4. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

ZERG!!

concept art of zergs found in this recently released official video

ok guys what do think these are?

ultra replacement?
    [img width=480 height=359]http://i21.tinypic.com/1zbauj6.jpg[/img]

this one looks like zergling, but is that a tail?
    [img width=464 height=289]http://i22.tinypic.com/11l20j5.jpg[/img]

some kind of wurm? is it flying?
    [img width=404 height=538]http://i23.tinypic.com/b4e1xg.jpg[/img]

another muta mutation?
    [img width=378 height=456]http://i23.tinypic.com/2n68cqf.jpg[/img]

1000 minerals rewarded for find

5. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

My guess on the other two are an overlord and a mutalisk. Whatever they are, they all have lots of spikes and have definitely put on some weight since the last game.

6. Overling

Overling New Member

Re: ZERG!!

If it's for real, I liked it! OMG, just finished watching the video: it does seem to match! :eek:

What could these be??? I'll try and :powerup: you if I can!

7. Ych

Ych New Member

HOLY $%&@#$@$%!!!!!!

Awesome find man.
    Remy definitely needs to check this out. His going to wet his pants :thumbup:

8. DeathRot

DeathRot New Member

i guess the last zerg flyer is a new mutation from the mutalisk i think the 3rd wan is the nuldus worm itself from the concept art 1st picture it like the zerg unit has alot of tails like for digging

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

YEah, I'm not afraid to admit I thought it was something else.

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL

I'm not all that impressed or actually convinced that it's real.

Unless someone can verify that this video was actually shot before any of those screenshots were released. And I mean verification on a number of sites, not just one posting date.

If it's before May, then we know this is probably for real.

EDIT: I'm actually pretty sure that this is entirely fake. It was posted YESTERDAY!!!

"I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures off my cell phone, but now I figured it out and made a slideshow." - 5 MONTHS LATER????

@ Breaker , do a little more research next time before you get my hopes up.

11. Overling

Overling New Member

One can never tell what functions would they have in the game by the looks, being Zerg. I knew they had new units ready a long time ago, didn't I say it? ;) Anyway, I still have to wait to power another person up. If you want, you can remind me later.

@ Jon: but he did find a wall full of Marines' and Zeratuls' walpapers, which could be blizzard's office. Someone capable of such beautiful art wouldn't wait and go through all this trouble to make this video before releasing these pics. Someone intending to make a farce would throw them in the net sooner, and more recklessly. That's why I give it some sort of credit.

Not saying it IS true, but it has a good chance, right? At least it's more promising than anything else I've seen these months on the net, and can provide hours of speculating fun. ;)

12. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

These are pretty cool I wacthed the viedo before I saw this but sitll it's pretty good to see this again but I have a question on that last one there are two things besides the picture. It has 2 words and a mini picture that kind of resembles a metroid lol.. but if someone could figure out what those two things were it would probably help any way thanks for the pics.

Edit: BTW I told remy about this thread like 5 minutes ago in our little chat room and he hasn't said anything since so either something happened to him or Ych9 was right and hes drolling over his keyboard right now

13. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL

And actually, Breaker posted this about 45 minutes late. Someone beat him to it.

http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/index.php?topic=3338.0

And no, this does not have a good chance of being true. The guy probably just printed out all the wallpapers and then pinned them on a wall. The rest are probably just his drawings. The only way this could be corroborated is if the post dates were from May or something.

But it was posted YESTERDAY!!! This is 100% fake.

14. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I believe thats where he got it from joneagle and he just took the pictures and enlarged them which is good for someone who wants to study them becuase they can look at them as long as they want without having to worry the video skipping past them.

Edit: BTW I told remy about this thread like 5 minutes ago in our little chat room and he hasn't said anything since so either something happened to him or Ych9 was right and hes drolling over his keyboard right now

I will post that on all I say in this thread until I hear back from Remy ;)

15. Overling

Overling New Member

Oh, wait a minute, I think I've seen this second picture somewhere before. Damn... more chances it could be fake... -_-

The second and the fourth actually.

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

sorry jon, i was a little bit too excited, about the following comment,

assuming it was before sc2 was announced then the guy might have feared prosecution from blizzard if he released it too early.

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL

No. It's a fake. 100% certain. If he feared prosecution he just would have posted it anonymously. Or he would have said so.

Sounds like a fanciful and made up story to me. I don't like when people try to deceive me about the Zerg.

18. Overling

Overling New Member

Well, if that's the case, he could just thought it was some sort of abandoned project, like Ghost for instance. Not everyone would link it to a possible SC2 release. But when the game got the news, he too late reminded himself of these old pics and decided to take'em off the phone. Possible.

19. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Jon I think its a little to early and a little harsh to out right deny this stuff for being true since you have no proof for this, thats fine if its your opinion but you cant really say 100% they might have been things that were going to get in the game but have been tossed aside but I really think they are true blizzard arts just becuase of the way they are drawn.

Remy has offically returned.

20. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

When ssjfox told me on IRC to check out the thread ZERG 'cuz Ych9 said I'll wet my pants I thought Zerg was revealed.

What are you guys trying to do to me? Is there never peace for Zerg lovers? Is there no end to the torment? This is just plain cruel. When will my Zerg finally be revealed damn it! Damn you Blizzard, damn you!