Zerg + Burrow = Super Mega traps of doom!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Vampire, Sep 4, 2009.

Zerg + Burrow = Super Mega traps of doom!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Vampire, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    I was watching different videos and I notice when you unburrow you leave a ton of huge *unnoticeable holes* in the ground. Are they gonna fix that or is it gonna stay? I mean any S-M-R-T person could figure out that a Zerg army was recently here.....

Bob the Civy: Hmmm, I think there was some Zerg activity here...
    Jim Raynor: What makes you say that?
    Zeratul: *Falls into a Ultralisk/Brutalisk hole*
    Bob the Civy: That......?
    Jim Raynor: What are you talking about!?
    *waits*
    *Few mins later...*
    *Splat*
    Zeratul: Darn! This hole is over 9000!!! (Meters) deep.
    Bob the Civy: *trips over a baneling egg and into the hole*
    Jim Raynor: I still don't think there are any Zerg here!

The End!

2. exe

exe New Member

if you make a hole - its gonna stay there for a pretty damm long time before the wind and water cover it up.

3. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

How bout you play that kind of game yourself where you decide your own rules? If you think this is madness.... this is STARCRAFT!!!

Common sense isn't common anymore... that analogy will be applicable perhaps in movie cuts, but it will definitely not be in the gameplay. Frankly speaking your analogy on burrowing is way off.. no offense there but everybody knows that burrowing and emerging almost uses the same amount of matter. Like putting a cotton ball in a water gl***, the cotton will absorb a small amount of water but definitely not to the point that it absorbs more than its size, and if we relate that to the ultralisk it doesn't even sum up that big because it isn't a sponge like organism...

yeah yeah we get the sarcasm on the joke, nice going Raynor, you just made us realize how stupid you really are..

4. alex1

alex1 New Member

If you burrow and unburrow everywhere in the map, it might as well make your opponent crazy and paranoid.
    I think it's a nice feature. It's not like Zergs cannot burrow at will.

At the end, there will be so many holes that it wouldnt mean anything at all any more.

5. jasmine

jasmine New Member

England
    I expect the holes would begin to fade after a few seconds. Maybe 30 seconds at most.

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Who says the opponent can see the holes?

@exe
    This is a game where elephant sized animals can burry themselves in two seconds. Don't become to blinded by the graphics, Starcraft isn't realistic. ;)

7. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    uh weell ultras are so much bigger than elephants lol. but yes, i like the mechanic of the holes staying for a bit and only a bit

8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    By the way, I just reminded that people were having this very same discussion before. The last time it was more about corpses, though.

Also, this has been discussed in one of the q&a batches. No idea if it's still that way, but I remember that Karune said that singleplayer games had different animations then multiplayer. This mostly aimed at explosions and such, but also at holes and corpses. The outcome? Gameplay came first, so effects would last only a short time in multiplayer. I wouldn't worry about holes staying for half a minute whem playing competetive matches.

9. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    watch BR 2 again you will see the holes disapear after a couple seconds of unborrowing.

so the holes had disappeard as the terran had ran out to attack and the Zerg had restreated so by the time the terran reach the holes they were gone. either way i think it will be an animation that only the Zerg will see unless maybe the terran has detection there when they unborrow and could see the holes for that few seconds but it will mostly likely only be seen by that Zerg player.