Zealot Movement

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jul 1, 2007.

Zealot Movement

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jul 1, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

In the game play trailer, the Zealot does not seem to move very quickly (as in StarCraft 1) though it does show off the new "Charge" ability. But as the game progresses, The Zealot should have an upgrade for movement and speed (again, this was in StarCraft 1.) Remember the Muscular Leg Augment research? Here, this should jog your memory as this was taken straight from the StarCraft Compendium:

Leg Enhancements - This is the most useful of the upgrades for Zealots as it allows them to reach their targets and engage in melee combat -- an essential factor for this unit's effectiveness in the later stages of a game.

I would have to agree! It is indeed an essential factor, so the Zealot (with an upgraded movement and speed) coupled with their new "Charge" ability, I think they would be quite a deadly force to be reckoned with and a good deciding factor to help the Protoss player achieve victory or something like it! :good:

What do you guys think? I feel positive that the Zealot will receive an upgrade for movement and speed to further enhance their effectiveness.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

I think that the charge ability may be replacing the leg enhancements. Unfortunate as this may be, it is a likely truth.

3. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah to have both of them would be a bit overpowered, they would just be too fast.

4. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

I think the charge ability is cool though. Additional movement upgrades will be a little excessive on top of the charge ability. I am willing to give the new ability a fair chance. Besides, if it doesn't work out in the Beta and other testing, they can always go back. "Out with the old and in with the new"...lets just see what happens. ::)

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yea, might aswell make them be able to charge all the time lol.

6. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i'm not sure about stability with augmented movement and charge

7. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Leg Enhancements are very likely to be replaced by Charge.

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

ah, that was the easiest way to get to another base in need. I think every race should get what is like a nydus canal becuase what i think is in sc there is too much traveling to get somewhere. like in WC3 u can use ur town portal to go to an ally in need, but this also adds the factor of getting back to your base, so the other team may be able to attack your base while undefended. it leaves a bit of a strategic factor when chosing where to move your men.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

Terrans have dropships, protoss have phase prisms and warp in. Those are as quick as you should need.

10. Proxy-serva

Proxy-serva New Member

yes but you cant make them so fast for both you need vespine gas and so on...
    and with the drop ship u cant transport much unitz

11. paragon

paragon Guest

I make fleets of dropships. I have a great time deploying my army quickly with them. And it's quick enough for me.

12. Proxy-serva

Proxy-serva New Member

13. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

would be kool if the dropships for the terrans actually droped the marines out while in the sky

14. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

How do you think they did it in SC1?

15. Ghost

Ghost New Member

LOL and a good player always has a little crisis control group, normally mine is made up of 6 wraiths 10 marines, 5 firebats, 3 medics, 1 tank and a couple of dropships.

16. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

In that respect, I normally use Vultures. Blazingly fast and freaking cheap.

17. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Explosive damage though. You can Spider Mine but there's only 3 per Vulture and they don't work on buildings.

18. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Ya, but I'm just talking about quick reinforcing till my main troops arrive.

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    I rush Vultures sometimes and if I do it right, I can pop into my friends base with around 4 when he's almost done his Cybernetics Core. I just run right behind the minerals and have the Vultures all shoot at one probe until the lovely explosions come up... then I move on to the next one.

20. paragon

paragon Guest

The only thing I like about vultures is the fact that I can do fine without them. Although on the off chance I play protoss, they are pretty good at harassing my zealots.