Yamato cannon

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Reasoner, Jul 29, 2010.

Yamato cannon

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Reasoner, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Reasoner

Reasoner New Member

When you use a battle cruiser, what do you use the yamato cannon on? I dont use it much as it only hits one unit, and by the time the cannon fires the ship is destroyed or your battle cruiser is destroyed. I wish the yamato cannon would have a bit of splash damage so 10 viking in a pile 9 vikings would have like yellow hp not fully green....

Thanks

~R

2. Gforce

Gforce New Member

its mainly used to snipe high priority targets like siege tanks and carriers, and slapsh damage would be quite a bit too much, it already deals a good 300 damage or so i believe.

3. asdf

asdf New Member

yeah, main use is taking out big threats- void rays, carriers, corruptors, infestors, maybe even vikings, colossi, and thors, etc.

given how often these guys are clumped up or are sitting next to other units, adding splash would be pretty imbalanced.

4. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    They experimented with giving BCs splash attacks, the missile barrage thing and the torpedo barrage thing, apparently they were too unbalanced in MP so I doubt splashing yamato cannons would be any better.

P.S. The missile barrage did make it into the campaign though.

5. Gforce

Gforce New Member

So did the plasma torpedo barrage as they called it, in the early mission where you defend an artifact Matt comes down with a BC laying waste to everything it was awesome.

6. ArAkNA

ArAkNA New Member

i use it on other BC's or Carriers, if I don't see any being made i use it on production buildings