xbox live vs psn

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Aurora, Nov 25, 2009.

?

Which offers the best services?

1. Xbox Live

54.5%
  2. PSN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They are equally good

9.1%
  4. I don't use those things

36.4%

xbox live vs psn

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Aurora, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    We really need a thread about this, since both services are becoming more awesome by the day. I'm not going to make a biased opening post, so I'll wait for others to post their opinions first.

It's on!

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    This thread belongs in computers and tech. *LK begins the teleportation sequence*

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Hmm, probably a good idea. But usually people tend not to reply to this port of threads when they're in this section. :/

4. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I disagree it more people don't really post threads in this section so there is never any reason to post here. You could make an argument to have it moved to other games if you are really worried.

My answer to the threads question is simple though, there is a reason why I dropped a decent amount of money on a new desktop versus a game console.

5. LoVeRBoy[E]

LoVeRBoy[E] New Member

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
    I have Xbox live and my step brother has PSN. I would say live is better and he would say PSN is better. I've played on PSN and i still would have to say live.

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I personally prefer the look of Live and the whole xbox experienaf at the moment. More, I don't know how to say it, more friendly looking then psn.

As for preferring a computer: I've had more problems with computers then with consoles.

Also: I can't rent movies at 1080p on my computer, but my xbox can.

7. Gforce

Gforce New Member

Right now XL is ages ahead of the PSN. When MW2 came out the PSN crashed because so many people were playing and unlocking stuff, Live steamrolled ahead.

8. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I've never used online console networks before. I'll only system link when the opportunity arises.

9. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    You're missing out on a lot of free stuff man. Demos, trailers, downloadable content, you name it. Most of it doesn't even require you to have a gold Live account.

Also: some people say that 60 bucks a year is to much for Live gold. Well, of course it is. That's why there are dozens of stores and websites that sell it online for half that price.

10. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I just feel that Xbox Live is replacing a perfectly logical '4-player split screen' option for games with a god-damned ripoff.

11. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    True, but I'm ok with that as long as there's still a split screen option available. But whenever there are no friends around, or they are getting tired of being owned, then online gaming offers you thousands of new opponents. I think that's a beautiful thing. Especially since some of my best friends now live quite a distance away from me, this still enables me to play against them.

Still, I miss the days where we would all bring our own controllers and play on somebody's N64. Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye... It was awesome. We were all like: "you are looking at my part of the screen!" "nu uh" "Yes you are, muum! He's looking at my screen!" "You have to share that screen with your friends, dear." *facepalm*

Good times, but that was years ago. Now it's more random banter in microphones, or punching each other when we get the chance to visit each other every now and then. *sigh*

Oh well. At least Live has those avatars we can make fun of. ^^