Wtf nvidia!!!???

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Termofdeath, Jun 3, 2010.

Wtf nvidia!!!???

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Termofdeath, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Termofdeath

Termofdeath New Member

Ohio
    So I did everything I needed to to fix the graphics card from overheating and shutting down. I downgraded the driver to what was recommended. It worked for a while but then went back to it again. I just recently updated the driver to the newest available which is not the same version that was causing problems. Guess what still got it. I am peeved and I don't have the money to willy nilly go buy a new card. F**K YOU NVIDIA, I'm going with ATI :p >=\

2. asdf

asdf New Member

which card?

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

What card?
    What problem?
    Have you manually cleaned your case?
    Does the system get enough airflow?

4. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

You get the blue screen right ?
    Maybe your computer is overclocked. It happened to me sometimes when I overclocked the CPU.

I have an NVIDIA with the latest pilot. No problem with the games.

5. asdf

asdf New Member

i doubt his computer would be overclocked without him knowing about it.

overheating is often just an airflow issue. sometimes it's easily fixed through drivers raising the default fan speed on the card, in worse cases you might need to clean your case and get more fans.

6. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Right asdf.

Here I have a good graphic card But my tower makes a lot of noise because I added additional fans. Onr tiny (that makes a lot of noise) and a big one. Without them my computer would crash more often.

7. asdf

asdf New Member

that's why i'm building a watercooled comp, lol. runs cool, nearly silent... it's bliss. bit more of a hassle when upgrading though.

8. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Doesn't water cooling inflate overall cost though? And can't the same noise level be achieved with fans?

9. asdf

asdf New Member

it is much more complicated and expensive, which is why it's strictly enthusiasts only.

it's very, very difficult to reach the same effectiveness with fans. almost impossible, if you want to get exactly the same performance. you'd probably want something along the lines of 4-5 low-speed fans instead of 2 higher-speed ones to get the airflow. then you'd also need an aftermarket heatsink for both your video card and CPU, as the stock ones generally are smaller, and require a higher-speed fan to achieve similar cooling. in total, it's still likely to be slightly louder, and still warmer, than a watercooled system simply due to how quickly heat can be conducted away.

as far as temperatures go, it simply can't be touched. there is no way i can think of, with air cooling, that can keep my CPU and GPU at 40 degrees. literally no way. i can achieve the same noise levels air-only, and still be better than stock, but they'd still usually hover around 60-70 degrees, and fluctuate more widely between load and idle.

10. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Oil based cooling systems are actually on the rise. It heats faster than water does, eg taking heat away faster, and there's non-conductive oils so a leak won't eff your system.