Wraith from SC1?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by cautionmike_190, Nov 13, 2009.

Wraith from SC1?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by cautionmike_190, Nov 13, 2009.

1. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    i happen to think that wraith in SC1 is good anti-air too... do you agree? can the aircraft on SC2 do the same thing too?

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

lol

The vikings power output is much efficient than the wraith's but of course tactics wise, the wraith and viking had different strengths. While the wraith can cloak and be safe from danger, the viking can switch modes to avoid its opponents by shifting from ground or air mode. Detection is always the subject there, since wraith deal massive damage, they can easily take down detectors but not all kinds of detection, whereas the vikings strength relies on taking down units that it has bonus damage on and shifting modes as a means of harassment or evasive maneuver.

I think the current SC2 terran has sufficient defense enough to defend against all kinds of enemies especially air. Right now I think they have the most efficient units to take down air units by the likes of Thors, the new missile turret, the vikings ridiculous 20+20 missile damage against heavy armored air units. And of course they still have the Raven which deploys costless turrets.

3. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    hey thanks for the info

4. bragesjo

bragesjo New Member

Sweden
    I think that the Viking is more flexible since they are better vs Mutas than Wraith was while have almost Wraith default damage vs all units and high bonus damage vs Massive. What I meen almost it that armor counts twice. Vikings has also more armor.

However Wraiths could still be pretty usefull skill in form of both GTA attack and cloak while VIkings has the better ground attack (but needs to switch modes and being open to ground attacks), However, in Single play Wraiths will likely be avaleble.

Banshees seems to have taken cloaked Wraiths and ground harresment to new levels by dealing more damage at the cost of no air attack.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  5. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I could probably look it up myself but I'm too lazy...

Anyone know what the unit and upgrade costs are? That would factor in a great deal. Build times and spots on the tech tree would be good to know too.

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Posting that message probably took you the same amount of time as it would have taken to google it. :/

7. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Go here and follow the links. For a graphical tech tree, you'll need to look elsewhere, for now at least.

8. Phase

Phase New Member

Wraiths are still in campaign though, being one of the many classic units being brutally killed off in multiplayer. The missiles should be interesting in Raider vs Dominion missions, just like they were in the mission where you assault Augustgrad (with Battlecruisers), and the Wraiths could easily destroy the BCs.

9. Phase

Phase New Member

Rofl? If you read my post, you'd see that I said its in singleplayer.