Would you like a Colosssus Omnidiscussion

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BirdofPrey, Mar 30, 2009.

?

Would you partake in a Colossus Omnidiscussion

Poll closed Apr 4, 2009.
  1. yes

71.4%
  2. no

28.6%

Would you like a Colosssus Omnidiscussion

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BirdofPrey, Mar 30, 2009.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I have had a couple of requests regarding an omnidiscussion about the colossus. Previously I did an omnidiscussion once a month, but I stopped when interest waned, I was getting few posts with little substance. Basicly you people stopped caring enough to discuss, so I stopped caring enough to summarize the posts. If I am to start a new omnidiscussion I would like some support, hence I am asking all of you if you would take part.

Will you post what you think about the subject completley and thouroughly?
    Will you actually DISCUSS each others ideas with each other?
    will you post more than once?
    Will you suggest ideas to improve the colossus?

I'd LIKE something of the calibre of the shiled omnidiscussion, but give me at least a couple of pages of substance.

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I would like that a lot. I had already started my own threads about several subjects, but most of the time there is little response to new ideas, regardless who they came from. Perhaps a new omnidiscussion will be taken more seriously. With a lot of people complaining about the current status of the colossus, I would find it strange if nobody would want to discuss new ideas.

3. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

There was a big colossus discussion a month or two back, however. There'd be a lot of repeated info/arguing.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Theres always repeated info and arguing, but aparently some peopke haaven't gotten their fill. Anyways, I aim to include everything from the firing animation to the time it takes to polish the unit to its golden sheen.

5. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ya there was one perticualar thread that was very popular but it just seems the protoss units as a whole lack the strenght that they are suppost to have. (example stalkers, pheonix, collosus, carrier are the main ones i see)

Also the collossus because its attackable by both air, ground, and also it dosen"t fair that well at countering anything in perticualar. It just seems very weak right now and to go along with the carrier in haveing to be massed to be effective which is not what the protoss are about.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  6. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

They've changed the stats; it now does 45 damage a sweep. One will kill most workers, marines and zerglings in one sweep.

7. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

fixing the colossus is easy, Increase the speed of his attack. I dont mean how often the attacks occure. i mean how fast the attack lands. so there not as easly dodge able. and increase the shield on the colossus. the colossus doesnt look like it could take many hits which makes alot of sense given it looks highly flimsy. just increase its shield not its life. Other then that its cost might be an issue but that would also go more into balancing.

Last i just wanna make this clear is people are making units that easly counter a colossus like a marauders then i dont care what the stats are your going to make the unit look bad. take Battle report 1 as a PRIME example. That was an immortal battle, No a colossus battle and even if you did make them They needed to be IN THE BACK with stalkers as IMMORTALS should be leading the charge.

dont be a fool.

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I voted no, I think it has been discused more than enought and we now just should let Blizzard made the desicion.

9. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I believe that as the colossus mechanics work fine as they are right now, it is just a matter of balancing it's health/shield and it's attack damage. Something that we can't discuss on unless we are able to play the game.

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

agreed with DE.50!

i still think it should only get a shield increase and if you increase its dmg give it a bounce vs a specific armor and not its over all dmg.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Maybe I should to the discussion, I haven't even made the topic, and you are already throwing in comments. I would still like to have more than 6 people though, but so far it is looking like making a thread would be worth my time.

12. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    @ i2newaol sumthin
    the colossus has a bonus vs shields i believe