Will it run on this laptop?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by rpeters, Apr 2, 2010.

Will it run on this laptop?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by rpeters, Apr 2, 2010.

1. rpeters

rpeters Guest

Sorry there probably has been tons of these posts, but I really haven't seen many posts on laptops with integrated cards. All the tests so far have the game on the highest graphical settings, so low-end laptops like mine really haven't been tested yet. If I were to play the game on the absolute lowest settings could it run on this laptop?

Dell Inspiron 6400

Dual Core 1.66 GHZ
    Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
    Graphics Memory 224MB
    RAM 2GB
    Windows XP

Has anyone tried to run the beta on a system like this? I will eventually buy a desktop that will run the game on full settings, but for the time being I have to use this computer, so I want it to run fairly well on the lowest settings. Any info is appreciated.

2. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

I DOUBT that the beta would run on anything else than the lowest rez + lowest settings.. Maybe not THAT low.. perhaps it could run ok on your max res (1280x800).

Ram and CPU ok.. but I'm really curious about the Graphics card.. if it's integrated it's a big nono. Memory looks ok though.. but really.. laptops + gaming = no. But your* laptop isn't sh*t.

Processor: 1.4 Ghz Processor - Pass
    Memory: 512 MB RAM - Pass
    Graphics card: 128 MB RAM video card capable of Hardware TnL. Pixel Shader 2.0 - Pass?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2010
  3. rpeters

rpeters Guest

Thanks for the honest reply. The laptop was meant for writing papers and presentations at school, so I guess I'll just have to wait for a new computer.

4. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Err, but it's only beta time now.. or do you have a key? If that's the case I say go install and check?

I think you'll get your desktop before 2 months.. well it depends.. but I say go buy the game ASAP and try play it with laptop (if you don't get the desktop).

5. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    G memmory is to low must at least 600 or 500 + MB

6. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Err, It's 128 minimum and he is (almost) double over that.
    But the question is the GPU.

7. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    The processor would run it because it's a Dual Core. But it makes a difference whether it's a Core 2 Duo or Duo Core Intel.

The video card is an integrated chipset. I don't think it will run SC2. I have heard that the new chipset Intel released, the MHD4500 will run SC2 on the lowest settings with 12-15 FPS.

8. asdf

asdf New Member

intel graphics = can't run jack.