Why Terrans Are Immune to Nonexistent Reaver Drops

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Arachanox, Aug 5, 2007.

Why Terrans Are Immune to Nonexistent Reaver Drops

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Arachanox, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

In the past, many terran bases have had their scv count crippled by sneaky Protoss reaver drops. Though the reaver is no longer a unit, any simliar tactics by players will now have a chance of failing against the terrans, thanks to a special new unit! I am talking, of course, about the new Nomad. It's revamped defensive matrix supposedly creates a bubble of protection, keeping allied units inside of it safe from damage for a short period of time. A terran player would simply have to keep a Nomad near his Command Center, preferably a Planetary Fortress. When the enemy uses their new 'reaver drop' tactics against you, simply order your Nomad to shield bubble your scvs, and have your Planetary Fortress and other counter-troops get rid of the invaders. Since your scv's are generally bunched up in a small area, suspecitble to area damage, the bubble should shield most or all of them. By the time you've managed to run the enemy off, the bubble will dissipate, and your economy will be safe. Of course, you would have to be monitoring your main base often to check for these secret assaults. But fear not; the Terran Radar Dome lets you see into the fog of war and lets you prepare for incoming strikes.

The Terrans, in Starcraft 2, are becoming frightfully more resourceful than they were in the last game! Beware, Zerg and Protoss!

2. Ghost

Ghost New Member

This can only take place if you so happen to have a Nomad around the reasource area at the time as most drop tactics are fast, strong strikes which are in and out of a base's rear in a flash.

3. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

Which is why I stated that you need to keep one Nomad near your Command Center. And yes, a player would need good reflexes to deal with the drop effectively. In fact, prevention is better than the cure; build missile turrets before attempting to secure your economy through Nomads.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

dont worry there are no reavers anymore. yah and im ok with that. i dont like cheap shots (like bunker rush near your minerals) at all.

5. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

all you had to do in sc1 is keep a ghost near your minerals, then lockdown all shuttles :p

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    that requires fantastic reflexes and needs you to monitor your SCV:s badly. You have to use the Lockdown even before they drop the reavers!
    The Radar Dome will simplify matters.

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wow. i never thought of that. ok il give it a try. thanks.

8. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Lol, reaver drops also don't work on protoss bases on the account of photon-cannon "gardens". They are so fragile that after 1 scarab they were dead, killed by photon cannons. And the shuttles were wasted aswell. If you mean to kill a few photon cannons, a Carrier raid will do much better. I don't know why ppl care so much about these darn reaver drops, lol!

9. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Well let me add the fact REAVERS ARE GONE!

10. Ych

Ych New Member

As of now, the Collossus are replacing the Reavers. I was very disappointed when I first found out about this, but after some thought, it actually made sense.

Collossus and Reavers simply overlap in their roles. One is bond to be better then the other in terms of their speciality which means that one of them is going to be overused/underused. So it is wise that Blizzard intend to keep the Collossus because they are in every way, cooler and more symbolic to the Protoss arsenal.

Not to mention, I believe the Collossus is going to be much better then the Reavers simply because they are more versatile. They can climb cliffs, walk pretty fast, and have tremendous amount of HP. They also have an upgrade that upgrades their shields making them very hard to take down. The only weakness is that they are very weak to anti-air attacks but that can be compensated by supporting your Collossus.

11. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

that's the most hilarious idea i've heared

12. gelu_gao

gelu_gao New Member

Before Nomad is there, both Stalkers and Warped-In units can be a threaten. When you have Nomad, how fast one can expand is more important than how good one can protect his base.
    Terran is the best at defense in SC1, probably also in SC2. But I think Blizzard can balance it by giving Zerg a rapid expansion and Protoss a wider spectrum of variant strategies.

13. gelu_gao

gelu_gao New Member

Cool idea! But too many prerequisites make this tactic not as practical as Zerg-putting-2-suicidals-on-the-path.

14. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

more like useless idea, by the time you notice your base is being attacked, the shuttles are already empty

15. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Actually, the reason Terrans are immune to non-existent Reaver drops is called the Planetary Fortress. And even if the enemy were to start blowing up SCVs, you could pop 5 of them into your PF to hide while the big guns handle the problem. Well, since the PF can't lift, maybe it can't load either? I never checked that....