which game do you like most? all blizzards games

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by zeratul11, Jun 9, 2007.

?

1. starcraft 2 (we've seen the demo.heheh.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. diablo II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. wacraft

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. warcraft II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. warcraft III (frozen throne)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. World of Warcraft

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. starcraft (broodwar)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. starcraft 2 (we've seen the demo.heheh.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by zeratul11, Jun 9, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

what do you think?
    i pick starcraft 2. heheh.

if starcraft 2 is not included. id go for warcraft III (frozen throne) ::)

2. Fallrider

Fallrider New Member

The first Diablo, I played it when I was really young.. I was so friggin' paranoid when playing that game, christ.

3. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

I like starcraft for it's story, and it's regular ladder games.
    But I like warcraft 3 for it's awesome customs (dota sucks though)

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wow! dota sucks? i think its a great team game. and its not boring, and the gameplay reply is good. you will never get bored.

5. Bumbaloe

Bumbaloe New Member

I like WoW most atm, but I dunno what I'll think once SC2 comes out.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Finland
    I have only played Starcraft and Warcraft II, and SC is easily superior of those.

7. Zeratul

Zeratul New Member

StarCraft BroodWar
    Diablo I
    WarCraft III

The reasons?
    StarCraft is the game I've spent most time on.
    Diablo I got into before StarCraft also spent a lot of time on but I've played it to its limits.
    WarCraft III is last, simply because of how it runs on my computer. Horribly slow, think about slow game speed of StarCraft coupled with frame skips and jitters.

8. AvatarTM

Agreed, i was young too. lol i was so freaked out by a single skeleton, could't get past the first level.
    Now, diablo2...haha, i'm killing baal like some circus freak. =D

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Gosh dangit, what's DOTA?

10. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

DotA stands for Defense of the Ancients

It's a scenario for WC3:FT where instead of controlling an army and villagers and stuff, you choose 1 hero at the beginning of the game. Each hero (i think there are up to about 80 now?) has different abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Instead of only going to level 10, DotA heroes can go up to 25. With each level, you can gain an ability or improve a previously researched one (just like in WC3). In addition, you can spend your points on attributes (ie permanently increase strength, agility, and intelligence by 2)

The layout of the map is as follows. In the upper right corner is the Scourge's base. In the bottom left corner is the Sentinel's base. There are three "lanes" or pathways that run through the map. One on the left and upper border of the map (known as "top" ;D), another cutting across the map from base to base (called mid), and a third that runs along the right and lower border of the map (known as "bottom" or "bot") In addition, there is a shallow river through will players can travel, cutting across the map from the top left to the bottom right. This river also delineates the two halves of the map, corresponding to the Sentinel and Scourge.

Throughout the game, the players only control their hero, as opposed to many different units. In order to level, a computer player on each side who owns all the buildings in the base spawns a number of "creeps" every so often, who follow the paths and meet and fight the creeps from the opposing side (necromancers and ghouls for Scourge, and Druids of the Talon and treants for Sentinel) Being around the creeps as they are fighting and killing creeps yourself increases your level. There are also forests where the more traditional, neutral creeps dwell.

The point of the game is to destroy your enemy's last building, located at the back of their respective bases (for Scourge it is the Frozen Throne, and for Sentinel it is the Tree of Life or Great Tree or whatever) The catch is that every building is vulnerable until you destroy the building in front of it. This includes towers that pepper each lane, belonging to the aforementioned computer players. This keeps people from running past every tower and building and attacking the big building at the back.

In addition to all of this, the gold you make from killing creeps (and enemy heroes) can be used to buy items that boost different stats, increase armor, mana, hp, attack damage, attack speed, or give you abilities such as frost attack, evasion, stun, passive chain lightning, lifesteal, etc.

With 80 characters (each with 4 abilities) and almost as many if not more items that all give different benefits, there are an ENDLESS amount of combinations that you can use on your team or by yourself.

wiki it or go to www.dota-allstars.com or www.dota-portal.com

ta-da :thumbup:

ps - woohoo I'm a recruit! no more cannon fodder, haha!

11. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Oh, yeah....I've played that. I just didn't know that's what it was called lol.

12. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

Starcraft 2 because Iam gonna assume that it will kick ass ;)

13. Fallrider

Fallrider New Member

Haha, I couldn't get past The Butcher, they say it in the most weirdest voice and then he pops out of the room. Haha.

14. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

LOL ahahaha Fenix I would power you up but some fat bunga decided to extend the power-up waiting time to 72 hours D=< (>.<)

How the hell do you beat him!? I had the best stuff I could possibly get for a knight on singleplayer + fireball scroll. Hacked and slashed, healed about 10 times with potions, used over 20 fireballs and he still didn't die wtfbbq. only time I killed him was online when some guy gave me stuff and I'm like YEAH TAKE THAT YOU HACKING FAT MUTATION! YOU'RE MEAT SUCKS!

And warcraft two is the best ^_^ like Liches > Mages :D (whatever they were called)

15. Zerat

Zerat New Member

Diablo1 wyth helfire for the cool efects and the "item clone creation" (don't know the english name for it)
    SC1 for the the story
    WOW for the posibilety to feel like a small unit in warcraft3, to see how do ppl (NPC's) live in warcraft, kill other players or bosses and to say to my self "Hell, Kel was a lot smaller in WC3" :)

16. Light

Light Guest

aah, i remember beating the butcher and the skeleton king. single player. i remember running around his house (ok, i playes it like 6 years ago) and then killing the skeleton king, but he just dropped a mace or something.

17. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

you have 2 "starcraft 2 (we've seen the demo.heheh.)" options lol anyways i chose the top one XD

18. TerranTemplar

TerranTemplar New Member

I'm sorry warcraft, but starcraft is better. I guess my descison hinges upon the fact that genre wise, i like scifi-future tech much more than fantasy, bonus points if its a doomed galaxy. Also the units are very iconic, and I love the history behind them. That isn't to say that warcraft 3 plus TFT (specifically with custom) is bad, its just a genre choice.

19. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Probably WoW. I spent much a time on it, but i dont like it becuase it makes me wallet sad.

20. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Starcraft: Broodwar all the friggin' way, baby. Isn't the burning love for that game sort of the reason why we're all here?