What will be the least best Protoss unit?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CallDownTheThunder, Jun 17, 2007.

What will be the least best Protoss unit?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CallDownTheThunder, Jun 17, 2007.

1. CallDownTheThunder

CallDownTheThunder New Member

I think it will end up being the stalker thing. sure it call teleport and stuff but it looks to weak.

what do you think?

2. Honus

Honus New Member

XD I don't know why but the way you phrased the question made me chuckle. Makes it sound like every toss unit will be made of epic win and asking which will be the less epic. But as for the question, it's kinda hard to answer. I'm assuming that you're asking which unit will be least used in actual gameplay, and to that I'd say the mothership. Not only is it high tech (games may never reach that far since Blizzard is focusing on varying rush strats), but unless Terran loses emp and lockdown, Zerg loses scourges and plague/darkswarm, the ms seems too easily countered. Making the ms immune to abilities would most likely overpower it, so I can't imagine that happening. Therefore, unless toss somehow gets a restoration kind of ability, I can't really see the ms being used very much.

3. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

a probe

you saw them fleeing the battlescene in the new vid. one helluva chicken AI

4. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

You are so wrong. A probe in lingerie with no shield, and who also has surrendered he/she/it's ability to mine for the ability to wear lingerie.

5. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

sorry but they only appeal to reavers eh.

or queens

6. paragon

paragon Guest

Why do you even post PrivateJoker?

The stalker seemed pretty good against air. 16 shots took down a battlecruiser. So 16 stalkers would take down 1 battlecruiser in one burst. And they fired pretty fast against air.

I think that Immortals will not be used much. They have a very specific role in taking out units that deal lots of damage however their attack is pretty slow and seem to be pretty easily destroyed as long as people mix units and don't just mass seige tanks or other high damage units.

7. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

The point of that was to A) make people laugh and B) point out that th egame is far from being released so we can't all chime in and claim that one unit will be the "least best" (oxymoron!) unit in the game....WTF?

8. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

lol para your -1 hehe
    para vs Private
    round 1
    continue

9. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Just as a fair warning to Paragon (An idea of unparalled superiority, maybe not the most appropriate name for you) I have alot of friends here who get alot of guffaws and yucks out of my jokes, and if you make negative comments towards me, they will take away your power points, I have no control over this, so I thought I would warn you. I think you and me can be friends, if you choose to debate me, know you are doing so at your own peril.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

They aren't funny or creative PrivateJoker. Its basically spam. Same with you to a lesser degree PowerkickasS.
    Spam like that wouldn't be tolerated in the forum I moderate.

And I don't care if you or any of your "friends" set my power level down. At least my posts are informative and contain actual content generally worth reading.

This is an opinion thread. It is not meant to be and never said to be anything but that. It does not try to state any absolute truths about the game. The point of this thread, like many of them, is to basically guess. You do know how to guess right?

11. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

ROUND 2

(lol wtf my power just went up 2)

12. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

whoa whoa whoa! take it easy. take a chill pill. this ain't no place for it private. take this shit somewhere else. you're ruining a nice topic. sheesh!
    anyways, i don't know enough about SCII protoss yet to judge. but from SCI, i'd say dragoon. they are too big. trying to croud them into an enemy base is fastest map, is like death. half of them die on the way in.

13. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

i agree with paragon. i don't think people will mass immortals like people mass dragoons. they might mass stalkers though. i mean once you get "blink" you can just micro around the opponents minerals and literally obliterate their economy.

14. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

especially in fastest map. that would be SUCH a killer

15. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Not really if some guards their main, with say siege tank or even bunker near their miners covered by one or two siege tanks, a small troop of Stalkers would be eaten alive. (Their HP and shields are very low, they would die in two direct siege shot blasts)

16. wuffle

wuffle Member

Someone mentioned that fastest maps won't be used in SC2, since the layout will be like WC3. In ladder, they won't use them, and in custom games, people wont play melee maps. Anyways, I think the Immortals are alright later on when many big hitters are used.

17. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

hey, out of the blue....
    SC2 FASTEST + BANE
    yyaaaayyyyyy zerg finally has a cheapie. now terran's turn

18. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I think it will be reaver if they really shortened it's range

19. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

trrruuuueee. smaller, less range, less damage and splash

but you can mass them? prism + reaver drops frontline, kill small masses, immortals finish off

20. paragon

paragon Guest

That would be me.
    Problem with immortals is the small attack units like reapers or zerglings rip them to pieces easily because their hardened shield doesn't activate.