What the ghost should look like. my ghost artwork.

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by zeratul11, Nov 21, 2007.

What the ghost should look like. my ghost artwork.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i think the sc2 ghost in game model is NOT good enough. i think there was few effort put into it considering the ghost should be one of the coolest unit in starcraft. i think the current ghost in game model concept looks unimpressive as what the lore says about them.

heres the link of my ghost version

http://larcenciel-11.deviantart.com/art/starcraft-2-ghost-70305736

http://larcenciel-11.deviantart.com/art/starcraft-2-ghost-v-11-70306114

anyway this is my version of the ghost in starcraft 2. i think the starcraft 2 ghost current in game model is poorly designed, UNfuturistic looking, etc.

marines in sc2 got a big make over compared to sc1 marines. i say the new sc2 ghost should also get a BADASS make over, give them a light full armored suit, a cyborg like suit rather than a skimpy looking outfit like the in game model of it. All terran infantry should get a full body armor heavy or light. and not semi armored.

and i really like the idea of giving the ghost a cyborg look appearance rather than giving them super heroes costumes.

heres what the sc2 current in game model looks like.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6868/downloadblog3233db5.jpg

by the way my inspirations for my ghost artworks are starcraft ghost nova, metroid prime, ghost goggles, halo's masterchief, gundam, etc. = HIGH TECH cyborg like sophisticated ghost ever. and dont forget the HIGH TECH PLASMA sniper rifle.

in short sc2 ghost (concept and lore) should look similar to my artwork. 8)

2. eclipse

eclipse New Member

Re: sc2 ghost artwork. and what it should look like.

i agree with your views, but i cant access the pics at my school so ill give my opinion on them later

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

make sure to check them out. =)

before i forgot... anyone who agrees please support this thread and link it everywhere starcraft. lol. and hopefully blizzard will have a second thought about the current ghost in game concept.

xp

4. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

I agree to your points, but could you please give a link to the original SCII Ghost. Everyone doesn't remember what the current Ghost looks like ;). I'll try to give a link to this thread in other forums, so everyone can say their opinions on the Ghost's look.

5. terranupmyheart

terranupmyheart New Member

nice artwork!

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

thanks. :)

there is still no official artwork for the sc2 ghost yet but anyway the in game model gives you a good perspective of what it would look like in real. and i think its NOT cool enough, i mean 2400 plus in the future and it looks like that. sc2 terran marrine already looks like a mini mech so the ghost should be cyborg like or something. the ghost should be more HIGH tech but at the same time light (looking) not brute in appearance like the marines.

heres what the sc2 current in game model looks like.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6868/downloadblog3233db5.jpg

7. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Re: what the ghost should look like. my artwork. =p

If your Ghost were rendered as a 3D unit, it would be very small, and would probably be less visible than the current Ghost.

Blizzard, in making unit models, tries to make them as distinct and noticeable as possible. Function takes a backseat to form. Take a look at the differences between the Viking concept and the Viking unit, in-game. While the concept looks really cool, Blizzard wasn't able to use a model that looked like that when they made the unit. They were finding that the thin version looked too frail, and was hard to pick out among other units, so they puffed it up. The case is probably similar with the Ghost: notice that, in the concept, it is thin and smooth, but in the game, it has that backpack with an antenna and a light. This was probably added specifically to make it easier to spot on the screen.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

Re: What the ghost should look like. my artwork. =p

i understand but i just want the ghost to look more "mech armored" and cyborg looking and the current in game model is clearly not what my artwork or the ghost artwork with mengks depicts. i just hope the terran ghost lorewise and in cinematics will look more FUTURISTIC and armored and not a human wearing super hero like cloths and belts.

by the way a metroid prime cyborg looking ghost will still be big and clearly visible in-game. so why not? i think blizzard really did not put enough or perhaps less effort on making the in game model of this cool unit. =p

9. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Well I think I don't like your concept mostly because I don't think the ghost should have black armor, ever. As for more cyborgness, I like the human aspect of the ghost as a high trained infantry unit.

10. [JFC]

[JFC] Clan Empire

i agree with you zeratul11, the ghost should look more like your design.

i don't remember who said it (here in this forum), it should resemble a black ops unit, and the "cyborg like (BLACK) suit" fits perfectly, instead of the current cartoonish model

11. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I agree. Great artwork, zeratul11!

12. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    I'd draw a picture for it, but I can't since i don't have one of those computer tablets where you drawon it and the image shows up in your comp (but im getting one for christmas :D) and i dont have a scanner, but i love your version too, but I'd like to see the ghost with the C-20 from starcraft ghost, rather than a meter long sniper rifle,although, that wat a canister rifle is.... a sniper... :p

Heres there's the "original" C-20
    [img width=670 height=351]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/Alasdair22/art24.jpg[/img]
    Heres the "New" one
    [img width=670 height=542]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/Alasdair22/art25.jpg[/img]

I like the new one better

13. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Yeah, new one is much better, gives it a more rifle feel.

14. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    sorry but i like the older one more it seems more steathy and it would be if it were a real gun

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i like my plasma rifle for the ghost better. xp

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The new rifles look cooler, it looks stealthier. And I always thought ghosts should have silencers on their rifles too. But ghosts really do need to be black (their armor not skin).

17. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    actually i think there suits should be able to change color in order to blend in should there energy run out you might miss him where you to just do a quick scan

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Lol, then I'd never use ghosts since it'll be hard to find them.

19. vinzel

vinzel New Member

the ghost should look like the ghost in SC original but in 3D

20. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    What I think is that the Ghost should look how Blizzard wants it to look and not what others want. You Zeratul11 are basicly insulting those guys at Blizzard by saying 'hey your guys design sucks on the Ghost let me do your job for you on the game you are designing for me and all other people, even though you have years of experiance I still think my design looks better, did I forget to mention your guys design sucks'? Thats pretty much what you are saying.