What HT/DT combos should Archons be?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Darktemplar_L, Jul 24, 2007.

?

Do you like the idea that any combo of Dark Templar and High Templar make one kind of Twilight Archo

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

What HT/DT combos should Archons be?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Darktemplar_L, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Personally, I wanted it to be a different combo of HT and DT to be different abililtied archons.

2. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

Re: Twilight Archon

aye it is a good move having different sets of abilities depending on what combination you use

3. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

It was cool when we had 2 different archons depending on the templars we used, having only one, and completely random just sucks. its like taking a step backwards.
    Besides that the archons were cool cos 2 DTs, which are just fighters created a spellcaster archon, and 2 HTs which are casters, created a fighter archon. It was like the opposite.

4. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I really was pushing for 3 different archon possibilities, but I kind of eased up after seeing the new visuals of the Twilight Archon. I think it would be incredibly cool to have the 3 kinds, but I'm such a fan of the Twilight Archon right now that it's not going to bother me too much.

5. mc2

mc2 New Member

I personally like the having:

Twilight Archon - 2 HTs
    No special abilities, just a powerful attack

Dark Archons - 2 DT
    No attack, with special abilities

Psichons - 1 HT + 1 DT
    Powerful attack and special abilites that are different to twilight and dark.

p.s. I changed the topic title so it doesn't collide with the existing twilight archon topic

6. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I personally think the Twilight Archon should be given a few special abilities, and be limited to the combination of one High Templar with one Dark Templar, exemplifying the reunification of the Protoss factions. That said, I don't have too much of a problem with the current set-up. I'd rather see a few more diverse Protoss units than three different types of Archons.

7. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

If blizzard is only putting one type of archon in the game, then I think it's a good idea to let any combination of HT/DT to form the archon.

8. I like having only one type of archon, and having different combinations of templar create them is good for situations when you want an archon, but dont neccessarily want to give up high templar, you can use the less usefull dark templar instead.
    I do think the twilight archon should have an ability. Not as many as the dark archon though. I think feedback should be that ability because it is good for storming a base (kill all the medics before attacking marines)

9. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Ackbar, I'm hoping you mean that the DT less useful in that CERTAIN situation and not overall. :p

10. yes, I mean at points in the game where there are detectors everywhere and heavy defenses and air units. You could be about to raid an underprotected base with dark templar and want to use the hightemplar to make an archon. However, I do find that I personally use high templar more

11. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Eh, I'm a Terran man myself, but when I play toss, it depends which one I use most.

Anyway, I just looked at how the Twilight could be very cost effective depending on wether you have more gas or minerals on you.

12. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I'd like different combos to give the unit different abilities, but not create a distinctly different unit. I suppose they would have to technically create three different versions of the unit, but it could use the same art.

13. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I love Protoss! and the twilight archon has a high place in my heart. I cant wait to hear what it dose and if blizzard uses the smart casting system like in WC3 where only one unit cast an ablity at a time when needed this is going to be crazy. I'm ganna abuse the hell out of the Dark archon!

14. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

I agree... HT+DT=Normal HT+HT Archon?

Think it should have been like

HT+HT= H. Archon = Powerful no special ability melee unit.
    DT+DT = D. Archon = Powerful special abilities no melee unit.

And for the sake of people not just making Twilight Archons -

2HT+2DT = T. Archon = Mix of both, melee attack with special abilities.

Having 1HT+1DT with melee and abilities would make the other two archons obsolete...

15. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

3 archons would be sooooo many upgrades its insane really.

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think having one archon for 3 combinations is fine. That way you could control the resources used for the archons. I think that Blizzard would make the costs for HT and DT same but reversed, so for example the HT costs 50 mins and 150 gas and the DT costs 150 mins and 50 gas. That way the costs will basically be the same and give the player more control. I would like the idea of three archons, but I think it would get a bit overwhelming.

Btw, Itsmyship, I luv your sig.

17. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

I'd be fine with 3 Archons if they keep the Soul Hunter out, I mean the Dark Archon is already so different from the normal Achon...

They could however do a Dark Archon+Archon=Twilight Archon? But that's just imagination... It would look cool atleast.

18. CapMan

CapMan New Member

ok i think that would be awsome but for the "Psichons" it should cost 2 HT's and 2 DT's just to balance it out alittle