What do you think of the Zerg?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Seradin, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What do you think about the Zerg at there current stage?

1. 1. Lowest Rating

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2.

10.0%
  3. 3.

10.0%
  4. 4.

50.0%
  5. 5. Highest Rating

30.0%

What do you think of the Zerg?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Seradin, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Im sure blizzard is eager to hear about what the Starcraft Community thinks about the Zerg Swarm, we know they're watching us ;)

This gives blizzard a easy way to gather feedback on what the bulk of the community feels about there work.

have fun voting, and i look foward to seeing the results!

-Seradin

2. dadouw

dadouw New Member

God, they are amazing

3. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

4- they seem to be coming along but still need work tweaking somethings and re texturing

4. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Have any of u seen the game play video with the koreans playing the matches. the zerg game play in the begining sucks. they have no defencive buildings and the zerglings arnt enough to fend off attacks. Blizzard is still in the major balancing stages of the zerg. this i'm for sure. Other then that there graphic look is amazing. the concepts of the units is all good even tho the infecter and the corrupter could really use an ablitiy tone down. other then that there ZERG! mean, scary, and countless.

5. Calcium

Calcium New Member

agreed!

6. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Yep yep, agree also. Keep up the good work blizzard :good:

7. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

The Zerg are BALLIN! So far they are everything I could want and more. I'll save my thoughts and ideas though for specific unit threads - otherwise it'd take me all day to write one post!

8. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I give the zerg a 4 simply cuz the new queen is everything I could want for the zerg.

However, I don't like some of the new names (ie: infestor, corrupter), and some of the buildings should be redone with better angles.

9. Light

Light Guest

3- Very cool and stuff, but kinda too flashy and stylish (this includes the abilities and names). Also, at this stage they're massively overpowered. But I really need more solid, stable Blizzard info to make my judgement.

10. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    5 some minor problems, but with all those new things its just so NICE. And GM_k about the OP, i do not think that it should be taken into this topic...

11. Light

Light Guest

Well it was kinda fishy when they just easily raped everything without any apparent losses and problems >.> Even when we can't discuss details

12. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Ohhh, so that changed/destroyed your impression?

13. Light

Light Guest

Because I'm not a Zerg player, yes (Im no racist tho, lol). As I said, it felt fishy. Cool, but fishy.

After seeing the vids, all I knew was that Terran is now the new cannon fodder race :p

14. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    You can probaly feel that I am a Zerg player! This moment is as great as the moment i found out that SC2 was released!

15. Gforce

Gforce New Member

I give the Zerg, a 4 out of five. They're finally here, but now they have to start the final evolution.

16. God of War

God of War New Member

:good:

I must say that in the zerg preview, I nearly came in my pants... really nice preview of the zerg units there so versatile cant wait to see more of the units in action. :eek:

17. -LT-

-LT- New Member

The name Roach needs to be changed and they need a little more graphic improvement, but they are awesome!

18. evolved326

evolved326 New Member

I like them overall.

some positives:
    -queen is great idea. its totally different form of defence. and it also has to do with the zerg since they are a bug like race and has a "boss" to tend to the hive and defend it.
    -the hydralisk looks niice, as does the ultra and coruptor.
    -i like how player can see whats burrowed for easier selection.
    -i like the way the creep grows.
    -new hitting sounds for lings is cool, but it sounds like its hitting against flesh. be nice if there was another sound for mechanicle hits. although i didnt hear the "cacaca" sound it made when it was selected. I love that sound from the old lings.
    -I like the new guy that regenerates fast. good idea.

negatives:
    -the names. I liked how the original zerg had names that were not too obvious. like zergling, hydraliak, ultralisk. Now its like infoestor, corruptor. These names sound like they were lazy and jsut gave it anything. and c'mon, ROACH?
    -the infestor jsut looks BAAD. looks like slimer from ghost busters.
    -i liked the old overlord because it was a farm and detector, making it again totally different from the other 2 races as far as detection and farm.
    -the lurker doent look so manacing anymore. I like the old rendering of the lurker. the one that you can DL as a wallpaper. I looked more manacing and more like a hydra, since it evolves from one.
    -the building can use work, they look too toylike.

OT but I hate the terran tricycle. sheesh, a tricycle?

19. IO

IO New Member

To me the current Zerg deserve a 4 out of 5, why? Well currently i find the various graphical updates on them highly appealing and game play rather solid, however i do agree that there is still much to do before they become ready for the final game:

20. Ych

Ych New Member

I really appreciate the new Zerg mechanisms introduced in SC2.

1. Queen. (Totally unique and differentiates the defensive mechanism between the other races)
    2. Nydus Worm (Again, totally differentiates the transport mechanism between the other races)

The unit model for the Zergs looks surprising good. However, some do need some tweaks (Infestor for example).