Walls below terran building w/ add-ons?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jun 23, 2008.

Walls below terran building w/ add-ons?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jun 23, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

2. SuccaMC

SuccaMC New Member

Death Star
    I think its purely a style thing. I don't really care if they put it in or not. Looks cool either way.

3. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Zeratul that is the Tech Lab. It is used to build units above the basic tiers. Such as if you had a barracks. The barracks itself produces only marines. If a Tech Lab is added it is able to produce Marines, Marauders, and Ghost.

The cool thing about it is that it can be lifted off from and switched out. Say if you had a Starport and wanted to make Tech lab units from it, but had a barracks on it already. Simple, just lift off and switch them.

Summary:
    -Allows for Higher Tier Units to be made.
    -Is able to be lifted off from.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    zeratul, you're talking about the flat sprites next to the addons? They were there to clearly show where you could land your Barrack/Factory/Starport if an addon was without a main strructure, but those were removed long ago.

5. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Well if he is talking about that I may have an answer for that as well. I believe that it might have been removed because the wall itself would take up the room of an entire barracks, factory, or starport and the addon itself.
    Now, one thing we don't know and most likely will not would be if the wall was attack would it be be destroyed. i believe it comes down to these two simple questions.

-Did attack the wall make the addon take damage?
    -Can the wall be built over?

If the answer is yes for the first and no for the second it is very much a burden on the Terran player as if no building is on it the wall and addon take up too much space.

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes i was talking about the flat sprite, the wall below the barracks and addons.

i think the wall are there just for aesthetics, when you build a building there will be automatically a wall below it. i dont think it will take up space as it is part of the building above it.

it looks cool anyway.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Buildings like the Refinery still got one of those bases, but the Barracks does not. Just look at the latest screenshots.
    The pictures you posted are old and outdated.