VERY stupid problem with running WC3.

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by fordinski, Jan 10, 2009.

VERY stupid problem with running WC3.

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by fordinski, Jan 10, 2009.

1. fordinski

fordinski New Member

i used to play wc3 frozen throne on my computer all the time, and i have directx 9.

now i tried playing the game and it tells me it cant initialize directx. tells me to make sure i have at least directx 8.1. i have directx 9!!

right after it tells me that, i get another message saying "make sure your frozen throne cd is in the cd rom, then click retry". the cd is in it and the drive can read it otherwise.

WTF? can someone please shed some light here? btw i tried reinstalling both RoC and FT and didnt help.

2. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Try reinstalling directx? It seems like the most obvious problem to me.

3. Mong0!

Mong0! Guest

I had a quite similiar prob. with Reign of chaos...
    The problem was that I recently rebooted my computer and I forgot to install the graphic-card thing...

4. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Make sure all your video card drivers are up to date and that you have the latest version of DirectX. Also you might want to check on how well your cd-rom or dvd-rom drive is reading your discs and if they are clean or not.

If that doesn't work you can try un-installing and deleting all your current video card drivers and directx software, clear your registry and then reinstall fresh driver and dirextx updates as you could have corrupt data.

5. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    You could have a virus in the game folder? that wont go away if you delete/reinstall both games. I have had the same problem with Need For Speed Most Wanted. It had worked fine before, then suddenly just kept coming up with error messages! So i tried reinstalling it, 3 TIMES!! Still didnt work...As it was my fav game at the time I thought I'd try reformatting my computer and then i installed again. Now it works fine! :D