Utralisk 'Berserk' Ability

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Pix, Aug 19, 2007.

Utralisk 'Berserk' Ability

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Pix, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Pix

Pix New Member

The thread "Ultralisk Rampage" gave me this idea.

How about the Ultalisk has an ability to go "Berserk". Once this ability is activated, it cannot be deactivated for a set period of time. The ultralisk temporarily becomes a non-allied NPC unit, and will attack everything in the vicinity at random. Once it goes Berserk, the Ultralisk gains, say, a +10 to every attack and takes +10 damage from every attack inflicted.

I think this would be a nice way to increase the usefulness of a unit which was always only ever meant to die and absorb damage anyway. Thoughts? Suggestions?

~Pix~

2. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

at least something came out of my post ^^

@suggestion
    so if there are no more units in the area, what will the ultralisks do?

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Become a creep I would assume.

I like the idea actually.....Or maybe have it so it can't be controlled, and does ten extra damage, takes ten extra damage and lasts like 10 seconds, then back to normal.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yah you should get them back. an active berserk would be nice, you can micro the ultralisk for the first time! hahah.

5. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Nah, it shouldn't wear off. The ultralisk should become a creep permanently (that would be a good way to block the enemy's only exit). But it shouldn't take ten extra damage though...

6. venado

venado New Member

Yes, I like this idea, because other way you'll lost that unit.
    But what happen if 2 ultralisk become berserk? Will they battle against each other?

7. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

How about this:

Once the ability is activated, the Ultralisk kills everything in sight, but for each kill, it loses 10 hit points. Once it gets to zero, it EXPLODES! ;) ;D ::) Eh? EH?

8. Pix

Pix New Member

There kinda has to be something to balance out the extra 10 damage (which is quite a lot).
    If two ultralisks berserked they would fight each other I guess, but it would be random so if there are a lot of units around chances are they won't attack each other.
    ~Pix~

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

That's what I was saying, they'd take extra damage......Like 2x or something. That way, it'd be more strategic. Use it when there's only slow attackers.....Fast ones would stack extremely fast, see?

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Sounds cool but I would really like to have the ultra back

11. Pix

Pix New Member

Hmmm... takes ten extra damage? That would shred the Ultras when up against marines, but against Siege Tanks, not so much...
    I see your point now, Fenix! An excellent addition!
    ~Pix~

12. WuHT

WuHT New Member

Hmmm.

To me, Ultralisk was all about getting most possible defense/hp on a unit for 200 minerals and 200 gas. Aside from powerful defensive abilities like warcraft 3's defend/divine shield... giving them abilities take away their ability to tank, which along with the marine and the zealot, seem to end up always as the unit thats worth it in battle is always less than the units behind it.

It would be more unique to be able to recover ultralisk, than have abilities that encourage having it die.

13. Ex-Marine

Ex-Marine New Member

P.A.
    Sounds like a really great idea to me. Drop a few off in the base the let 'em loose.

14. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    no. zerg cannt biologically be like that since they are linked mentally, which allows them to cooperate. also, if they were to break the link, idk how they wud get it back up so easily. also, DEACTIVATE IT?!?!?! so pretty much, the mindless ultra is somehow directed to deactivate its mindless-ness? -.-
    also! if it does do that, it might kill ur own units, therefore it wudnt really be just absorbing dmg and dying, itll be doing that, AND attacking ur units, not to mention the fact that ur units might attack it too.

but ok, nice idea