Unit Suggestion: Grenade Launchers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Sep 12, 2007.

Unit Suggestion: Grenade Launchers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

They are the new Infantry ground splashers. Their initial attack is a standard frag grenade. They can upgrade with nades that are more powerful and have a wider spash. Another upgrade would be Anti-Air grenades, they can now shoot both air and ground. They can shoot pretty far, but not as far as the Marines can. Special ability, emp grenade and smoke grenade. EMP is pretty much self explanatory. With smoke grenades, it can be used for offense and defense. For offense, the smoke will cause any ground units' field of vision reduced. For defense, all ally unit that within the smokes, they have a special defence, all melee and range attacks (not spash) from the enemy will a less likely chance of hitting the target. And all enemy organic units will have a temporary negative effect called smoked. A unit that is effected by this will have their field vision reduced, move slower, and their accuracy is reduced. For non-organic units, they will also be smoked, but their speed will not be affected and the effect will immediately disappear once the get out of the smoke range.

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well considering that in SC1 "accuracy" isn't really an issue unless the unit is on the cliff, this wouldn't really be much of a factor. "Evade" isn't really a starcraft ability.

As for the EMP, the Terran will already have the Nomad.

The Reaper is a much better unit to fit this niche of AoE as an infantry unit. Not to mention the jet packs. ;)

3. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

it'll be too many infantry for the terrans, however it'll be interesting to have in campaigns and custom made maps

4. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

the way how protoss are designed right now, they're just too powerful for the terrans to handle. it true that the nomad has emp missiles, but it not a 1st tier unit and it would be more beneficial if the terran had 1st tier unit that can take down the shield. i also implied this suggestion to replace the firebat. Plus this is starcraft 2, adding something new like accuracy would be cool IMO

5. Broodling

Broodling New Member

Seems too imba for a tier 1 unit. Also, I feel the terrans will then have too many infantry.

6. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Terran have huge ass tank's and aircraft!

7. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    You are right. I think terrans already have a lot of units for defending, so it won't be easy to take them out...:) But they will also have to fight to win, with those not too tough units

8. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

well if you go with my suggestion, you get medic, grenade launcher, marine, reapers, ghost i dont think 5 is too much. and beside the the protoss so far got 9 new units and terrans only got 5.

9. Ych

Ych New Member

Protoss new unit:
    1. Stalkers
    2. Immortals
    3. Stasis Orb
    4. Mothership
    5. Warp-Rays
    6. Phoenix
    7. Colossus
    8. Phase Prism
    9. (If you include Twilight Archons but i wouldn't count that as a new unit)

Therefore, Protoss has a total of 8 new units. (Correct me if I'm wrong or I'm missing one).

Terran new unit:
    1. Reapers
    2. Vikings
    3. Thors
    4. Nomads
    5. Praetors
    6. Cobras
    7. Banshees

Terran has a total of 7 new units. Therefore, there isn't much of a difference.

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    They could give the marine a grenade launcher option. Make it like siege tech where you switch modes then the marine becomes a 2-in-1 unit.

He come out in machine gun mode but you can switch it with the right upgrade and he will pull out a grenade launcher. Alternatively the alternate weapon could also be a flamethrower(to satisfy you firebat fans) or a rocked launcher.

What do you think? Would that make the marine too usefull?

11. capthavic

capthavic New Member

That would be way too may infantry units and the terrans have plenty of AOE already.

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

awesome idea birdofprey

13. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Oh please no, It would be too difficult... There is the siege tank, which can change mode, there is the sensor tower to upgrade, the Planetary Fortress and the survillance station are upgrades too to change the base.. I want the marine to stay as simple as it is now. Stim, U-238 or what, and medic support.
    Actually, this grenade launcher reminds me of Red Alert 2

14. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@Ych9
    well you really cant count nomads cause they're basically science vessels, and the predator is just a different wraith that has an intercept ability

15. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    well than the stalker and the Immortal are dragoons, the colossus is a tall reaver ect...

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

actually the predator is nothing like the wraith

17. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@BirdofPrey
    now that my friend is a very good idea

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Thanks. I don't recognise your name so I will just say "Hi" now.

19. Ych

Ych New Member

Well, if that was the case Heavyarms, then Phoenix is basically a scout with the overload ability. The Immortals and Stalkers are basically Dragoons.

They are totally different. Nomads have a different model and different ability compared to the SV. Predator cannot attack ground units. They are totally different.

20. Associate

Associate New Member

grenade launchers sounds interesting, but they can also introduce some alternative weapon like a rocket launcher that deals considerable damage against heavy armored/mechanical units while the marines take care of the weaker units