Ultralisk + Infestors

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Yorkylol, May 21, 2010.

Ultralisk + Infestors

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Yorkylol, May 21, 2010.

1. Yorkylol

Yorkylol New Member

Florida
    Reading the patch notes I see that Ultralisks lost 10 damage and received +25 vs. armored, and their damage vs structures was increased by 15. The Infestors now have an ability called Frenzy which increased all damage by 25% by one biological unit and makes him immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds. Idk about you but I think they are really trying to make this a late game strat

Of course throwing in other units is necessary but this will be a big structure knockout for whoever is in the way of this

2. Rebel Head

Rebel Head New Member

Virginia
    A nice change to the ultralisk, but what about banelings? I use them a lot, and they are pretty useful against buildings, and clusters of small enemies. Seems to me the banelings, and ultralisks share a similar role.

This new frenzy ability is cool, but I really think they should just give this to the overseer, along with the transfusion ability (both being a tier 3 upgrade), making it the zerg support caster.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. KHaYMaN

KHaYMaN New Member

Oregon
    They do have a lot of overlap, and Ultras are considered a more cost effective replacement for banelings in the end-game.

That said, baneling mines never go out of style imo :).

4. Arc

Arc New Member

nice change to the ultra and infestor, frenzy will make **** out of the opposing army when you buff hydras, but then -150 health to ultra is I think pointless, now it will die much easier to immortals and marauders