TRY AGAIN! Your LAST shot to win a beta key!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by MeisterX, May 1, 2010.

TRY AGAIN! Your LAST shot to win a beta key!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by MeisterX, May 1, 2010.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Okay, so we have 11 keys left. Sucks, right? I know.

So that means 11 of you will get into beta. For the rest of you, sorry. Gonna have to get one another way. Unless I'm able to finaggle some more keys out of Blizzard.

But don't worry, I'm sure we'll have some more SC2 stuff to give away soon!!

So here's the deal. I have to make this competition a little more involved to end this series with a bang.

The Post A Pic of Yourself with SC2F.org Game

Post a picture of yourself in this thread that has you and some type of StarCraft2Forum.org logo somewhere in the image. Be creative! THE LOGO MUST PHYSICALLY BE PRESENT IN THE IMAGE, IT CANNOT BE PHOTOSHOPPED IN!!!!!

The only requirement is that you be in the picture, and that StarCraft2Forum.org (our logo) be physically in the picture as well. So, for instance, you could put the homepage of the site on your monitor and take a picture of yourself in front of it. But that's lame. So don't.

Here's the catch. You will receive points for the following:

+1 point for every person in the shot who knows the image is there (not just a random passerby). People looking at you like you're an idiot count!
    +5 points for a very creative image
    +5 points for doing something insane with it that would definitely bring attention to our logo.

I want creative shots people! Go to a LAN party and get everyone to put the image up, or go print out a banner and put it on your school campus! The more people who see the banner in your shot the better your chances of winning.

The person who gets the most points for their picture will automatically get TWO BETA KEYS!! The rest of the winners will be determined at my discretion.

Don't whine when you think my choices are unfair. It's at my discretion.

Oh, and all submissions are due in this thread by 12 AM EST on May 8th,2010. That's exactly four days from the time of this post! Get crackin'!

If you have any questions please post them in this thread. All non-submission posts in this thread will be deleted!

P.S. - I've attached a high-res image of our logo and a .ZIP file containing a .PSD of the same logo! Get crackin'!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Print the logo out on your printer, it doesn't have to be the best quality, just have it there. Our T-shirts work well too!

Here's a good example:

[​IMG]

This is an image from Jozik as a thank-you after they won their beta keys from our video competition. We're looking for stuff like this!

Anyway, you don't have to go all out. We're just looking for basic photos with our image somewhere in it (really in it, not photoshopped on top), you're meant to print the logo out or put it on a monitor somewhere. Print it out, take it to your local park with your friends and take a picture.

Or go bowling and paste it on the ball or something. You DO get points for people being in the shot, but you ALSO get points for the image being creative, and you'll get just as many points. So doing something creative with your shot is just as valueable.

However, you DO have to put in some effort for this competition.

Remember, all submissions are due posted in this thread on 5/8/2010 at 12:00 AM EST.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  3. Bkid

Bkid New Member

Here's my submission..I hope it's good enough :<

I will say that I touched up the photo a tiny bit in Gimp by upping the brightness and contrast. It was very fuzzy beforehand, so I figured it might make it look a bit better. I'll link the original just in case this is against the rules.

Touched up:
    [​IMG]

Original (linked as to not cause confusion): http://i43.tinypic.com/2ceolcx.jpg

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Great submission! Thanks! I like that you hired your family :D Keep 'em comin' kids!

5. Rattus

Rattus Guest

[​IMG]

teaching the kids at my creche about the awesomeness of sc2

6. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

LMAO, I don't care how bad or lazy these submissions have been, but Jon have mercy! They're ****ing funny xD! Give them a key lol.. :laugh:

7. Failtron

Failtron Guest

[​IMG]

Note the special appearance of 'Elle' in the middle... she advocates the goodness of SC2 forum! :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  8. metalzor

metalzor Guest

[​IMG]

Forum ninja!! :mask: ok im not a ninja but i really want a beta key... :D

9. Molezoe

Molezoe Guest

[​IMG]

beta key competition ftw :)

10. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I hope videos are okay :p I thought I'd just spread the logo a bit. I was going to get a girl to go on her knees and suck the logo as if it was my ***** but that's a bit too much right.. xD

#1 Stuck the logo right next to some random girl on the bus with a police car on the right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U53Eef28o4

#2 Stuck the logo right next to the driving instructors window. He proceeded to look at me with a clueless look on his face--he didn't remove the logo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85JRAJY4YQ

#3 Slipped the logo inside someones parking ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1sVXFQaXbw

I got one more logo left... Give me suggestions on something fun/crazy to do with it just for the sake of lulz.

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    LOL that's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Bravo. We have another winner! :D How many keys can you use Psionic?

12. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Hehe, I'm glad you liked it. :) I believe I can use two keys.