Transform and roll out.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Feb 12, 2008.

Transform and roll out.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Feb 12, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

http://larcenciel-11.deviantart.com/art/transform-and-roll-out-77176544

i think the viking should not be the first unit out of the factory. maybe it can be a tier 2.5 unit, like it should be available by the time you unlocked the siege tank.

i think the viking is a very powerful terran unit lorewise. theres no way zergling can kill this mech. lol

and as you can see the viking is BIG, thus it doesn't suit as the terran main ata fighter. terran needs the predaotr back.

2. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Hahaha, thats nice!

Love the perspective of the Mechanism Viking.

3. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    oo very nice... =]

but a DT can beat a viking....one slash with his new weapon...GG =]

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

thanks.

yes that would be cool in real life. the dark templar jumps off straight to the cockpit and kill the driver inside. or a group of zealots jumping and slashing the viking down. this is the kind of stuffs i wanna see in the cinematics. 8)

anyway the viking can still step down and crash a zealot if caught off guard and aslo the viking can still transform and fly to safety. it would be funny and cool if a zealot holds on and went airborne together with the viking. lol

5. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    oh man..that would be an awesome cinematic bro!!! classic!!!!! =D

viking flies away, the zealot holding on by the edge. zealot charges up to the cockpit, slicing the throat of the pilot. Viking machine crashes down. and in that split second, the zealot charges again and lands safely.

i wanna see a hydralist or some zerg unit attacking a protoss army...how epic will it look. =D

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

that would make a godlike cinematic. 8)

also blizzard stated that sc2 will start with something small (intro tychus movie) and will end up with something really big. say an epic and grand mass scale war cinematic between any of the races. ^^

7. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Looks great Zeratul11! Add in some color and a back drop and it will be... epic!

8. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

Maybe if there wasn't a sensor tower nearby, and even with that, one slash? It would take at least a few.
    And if there is a sensor tower to detect the DT, goodnight. The viking would annhilelate it.

9. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    jrc3234 do you need to take everything so serius and realistic?
    He was just praising the DT´s weapon...
    Very nice made zeratul!

10. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

lol oops I guess I didn't realize that, lol. Well, another cup of coffee should do it. And zeratul, great drawing!

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yah thanks guys.

i have a question about this artwork. do you think i got the right size of the viking side by side with the marine?

but first check out the official viking artwork of blizzard. in sc2 .com.. see the cocpit? then try making a marine perspective according to it. also as you notice in game, the yellow thingy on the vikings head is its cockpit, so just imagine how small the marine should be like beside it. also the viking legs and feets were huge in the blizzard artwork, well at least mine looks more fit and has a mech like proportion. right?

i cant believe im getting bashed in blizzzforums bcoz they think my viking looks big. =\

12. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Rofl, the viking is perfect, the marine might look a bit larger though.

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wow. thats what im talking about. i actually thought of making the marine smaller and making the viking more kickazz. but anyway i dont want to go there without any support so thats why i kept my drawing safe enough. =)

14. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

If the marine is supposed to be in the backround, like 10-20 yards away from the viking, then it's perfect. :)

15. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    The Marine looks a little small (and I mean just a little small like no more than a head bigger) and thats just because as I look at the person in the cockpit it doesn't seem like the power is adding as much size as it should be. Other than that (which is really a minor detail because we arn't talking about very much of a difference) it looks great. While I may dissagree with your zest for Teran technology your pictures are still awsome to check out.

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes i know the marine looks small considering it with the same reason you said.

zest for terran technology.. hahah, can't help it i want them that way. and ill be working on more terran artworks and expect them to be like that. xp

and thanks i really appreciate that.

yah thanks but too bad im not going to color it. im kinda a newbie when it comes to photoshop coloring. but maybe someday i will. ^^

17. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    if u look at everything in RL, a DT would pwn a Viking anyday, even if the viking can see it.

u c, one slash and the viking blows up/dead.
    when the viking shoots, the DT still have its shield to protect him b4 he gets shooten. see the logic?

=]

18. L89

L89 New Member

Wow, is the new DT really that strong? Didn't realize... I mean, I always thought that with detection, DT = Dead Templar :-\

19. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    The DT wouldn't be able to kill a viking one hit, i'd say about two or three hits would be sufficient.

The only reason on the DT's homepage that it kills the Viking one hit, was because it had Edited DMG and had to be a good looking unit.

20. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    im not talking about in the game, im talking about a Real Life situation.
    while a Dark Templar can slice something with that scythe of his with one hit. The Viking can shoot at the Dark Templars heart/head/wateva, but his shield is still on thus making the Dark Templar invulnerable for a dependable time

Therefore in a Real-life situation, the Dark Templar will kill the viking no doubt.......unless it lifts off, but yes.
    this is what ive been trying to say.

=]