Toss custom colour-theme

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Avrorius, Jun 15, 2009.

Toss custom colour-theme

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Avrorius, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

Hi y'all,

Was wandering if anyone knows whether it'll be possible or not to configure your own colours and themes for the toss-units in sc2?(+others races too)

I can live with it if in SP it's gonna be by default (gold+other colour for toss). But maybe it should be made possible (if not already) to configure
    the colour theme in the MP?
    Much like in Dow, Homeworld 2 etc ;)

I was thinking like... for the toss...the base colour is goldish smtn (alien material, ...i hope, pure gold wouldn't make sense imo) mixed with coloured details...and coloured psi.
    If it's some alien metal that gives them this goldish colour (lore wise), then it's ok ;) nothing to do, except maybe come-up with some adaptation or addition to the lore.

But if it's not backed by it (lore), than it should be pretty awesome to be able to change it...yes/no?
    It might definetly add to the "funfactor"

Say, like white or black base with also custom coloured details and custom col. psi. The glow from the psi-nrg would make it pretty sweet imo ;).( think black.n.green=toss-necrons :p)

Can't think of a reason not to create such an option in the game, unless of_course it's in direct violation LORE-WISE ;) but that's fixable right?
    with enough requests and motivation, all is ;)

TY

ps. couldn't find any satisfactory info on the matter, but if there's, my bad ;)

2. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I know for sure that Blizzard talked about being able to create custom-decals and logos for the Terrans (as well as the usual color changes) and they probably could do something similar for each race. However, you probably can't completely change every part of the color scheme; though potentially in the map editor.

3. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    Maybe we could have the same kinda thing DoW had to custom your own unit colors etc.
    Maybe even unlockable colors or patterns :O

4. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    You tis brilliant, I fully support this idea. <3

5. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    There was talk about allowing players to add decals to their units/buildings, and was shown around the same time the Terran Bunker got it's graphical overhaul (i.e. a LONG time ago). There has been virtually not talk on the subject since then, and I wouldn't be surprised if the idea has been scrapped. The Protoss art style is smooth and uninterrupted, so it'd be somewhat difficult (though certainly not impossible) to add in logos. Zerg...well, I think that speaks for itself.

As for custome color schemes, I wouldn't mind seeing it in the map editor, but for normal games having custom colorschemes IMO would make unit recognition more difficult, and possibly team unit recognition as well.

6. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

@ninerman13
    It should definitely be in the editor, in the SP doesn't really matter, but for MP it would be gr8 to be able to tune-up the look of your units. Kinda putting a personal touch before each game...like your own signature.

Also it wouldn't be hard any more to recognize a player in a pro-competition, without knowing his name or having any info beforehand. It'll be easier 4 sure.
    In SC, at first glance, without some prior info you wouldn't recognize the players easily
    (toss is toss, ter is ter...unit-race colours change frequently on the maps...so all looks the same, until you find out) this way you might be able to. Players would possibly even order matching-colour-theme clothing to advertise their preferences :) it might be gr8 for the e-sport, and SC in general.
    just a thought ;)

@Dragon God
    That's what I meant ;) ty,
    totally agree with u there m8!!:)

@Kaaraa

yeah, donno about them logos on the units either...
    1st: no one will see it properly, you'd have to zoom in like 10x or smtn to be just able to see it ;)
    2nd : it's a no-no 4 zerg :) even on zoom, where does one expect to find those logo's on...f.e. ZERGLINGS ?

Not sure about unit recognition though, for team-plays you just pick something distinguishable (detail, or even base)
    + if it's team, one should ppbly discuss it beforehand anyway, along with main strats n stuff, any decent enough player(s) would IMO ;)

TY

7. Arvendragon

Arvendragon Member

Canada
    Team colors would be nice.

And changing colors, to support clans, guilds, etc.

8. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    i would love to see a zerg building with graffiti tags on it, lol

9. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    An old idea yet still a great one!

I wish they add a custom paint for armys overall. Such a good example would be DoW2. Huge customization on all the races and plus its worked beautifully for the Tyranids and so I think the Zerg would do just fine (as they are much less detailed in SC2 than DoW2 to maximize performance and minimize lagg but DoW2 lack or huge numbers avoids this problem as it relies heavily upon the true skill of the players tactics)

10. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    I bet they will :D :D :D

11. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    Mebeh they'll make a toggle button whether you want to see custom colors or not :D

12. Avrorius

Avrorius New Member

@DragonGod
    I really hope it'll be smtn like that, more freedom to the players!!:)

TY