Too many new Threads/Topics?

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by PowerkickasS, Jul 23, 2007.

?

would you prefer a restriction to creating threads? (select up to two options)

1. Yes. Once per 5 hours or less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. Once per 1-2 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes. Once per 3-5 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. Once per week +

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes. Restricted to post count pre-requisite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Too many new Threads/Topics?

1. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

Do you think there should be a limit as to how many topics a member can create?

Please answer the poll. Would be appreciated :good:

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Finland
    Re: TOO MANY NEW THREADS!?

It's not about the amount, it's about the quality.

3. DDDx

DDDx New Member

if the threads suck and nobody post on them they get deleated, so i dont think there is a need for a restriction.

4. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

hmm i think there should be a power level restiction,

like i see some people with -7 power level that post 3 useless forums a day

should be the higher power level the more often you can post forums

5. burkid

burkid New Member

i would say 5 hour, or 1 day restriction, but with people like peter.hong putting up several quality threads within a few hours of eachother, i have to say no restriction.

6. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

No. It will restrict the free flow of ideas and people will be less likely to join (or they might join then just not do anything at all). The rules are pretty clear about how and what to post. You can't help people not adhering to/reading the rules. Maybe the rules should be displayed more prominently in the root of the Forum or get its own section. Even though a lot of threads have started to pop up and it is hard to keep track of them all, I think the last thing that should be implemented on this forum is a restriction on how many of your ideas you can give to the community.

7. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    yeah. besides, very few members create 2 topics in 5 hours. so it won't be very necessary.

8. marshal109

marshal109 New Member

TOO MANY OLD TOPICS THERE DOESN'T NEED TO BE A LIMIT MODERATORS JUST CLEAN IT UP!!!!!!!!!!! :upset:

9. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

I'm guilty of popping out a couple too many posts, so I can't say what people think of mine. <_<

You never know when someone might have a great idea and the chance that we don't hear it because they couldn't write it down right then... would suck. If anything I could see maybe a one hour delay, or thirty minutes. I don't think anyone has gone off the deep end though (like ten posts in an hour).

10. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea searching for a topic can be tedious too and the conversation is just too outdated and you have to go throuhg pages and pages.

I sometimes think repeat topics are fine as long as the older topic is at least 3-4 weeks old just to freshin things up a bit.

11. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Maybe an archive? For threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days or some predetermined length of time? You could have an Archives section with the same system or hierarchy of sections (i.e. Terran Units and Discussion, Protoss Units and Discussion, Zerg Units and Discussion, etc.) so you could keep the same organizational system for threads. It would be easy to find old stuff too, you'd know exactly which section of the Forums to search.

12. Peter.Hong

Peter.Hong New Member

@BURKID Thanks for the compliment, I try my best to make sure that despite my topics are within minutes/hours of each other that they haven't already been mentioned or that they are not worth talking about.

Seeing as how I'm new the forum my opinion here may not hold much value but IMO i think that there should be a limit that is set to a few hours rather than days/a week because

1) it leads to a delay of information. What happens if no one thinks of your topic and you have to wait another day to post it.

2) Theres nothing like having a good idea and then having someone take it. If someone has a good idea (within reason, for example it must be thought out and be open to reasoning/criticism) then it shouldn't be held back.

3) The whole idea of this forum is information sharing. If someone is posting wrong information then correct them. If you think that someone's ideas are too rash and un-informed then correct them so that in the future they won't make such mistakes. The fact is that this is an important and fun forum and we shouldn't place limitations on the people who respect the forum because of the few who don't.

13. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    @Peter.Hong

haha you may be new but your post are one of the more informative and more thought of than lots of members here. So your opinion does count :p :powerup:

yea no to limitations but yes to archiving threads that are too old and inactive.

14. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I say no limitations due to people like Peter.Hong and Ych9 who put up a lot of informative and useful topics. One thing I would like though is have a sort of search engine on topics so it makes the job of not duplicating them a lot easier. Just a thought though.