Today's Recipe: Making Warcraft 3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by MeisterX, Aug 11, 2007.

Today's Recipe: Making Warcraft 3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by MeisterX, Aug 11, 2007.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    1/2 cup of Lord of the Rings
    2 TBPS Paprika
    0 cups strategy
    3 races that try to be StarCraft
    4 cups Heroes
    4 cups Richard Simmons
    1 Dildo
    3 Bay Leaves(Gay Leaves?)

Mix in a large bowl and blend until sufficiently gay and bereft of any value, and you have Warcraft 3.

Bake at 350 for an hour and then leave the CD on your shelf for all eternity where it belongs.

Additional Note:

In order to prepare World of Warcraft which requires two servings, double all ingredients and serve in color coordinated ramekins.

http://www.richardbaxter.com/terracotta_art/g/ramekin.jpg

2. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

LOL
    Let the flame war begin

3. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

Dude, don't bash Warcraft so much; if you remember, Warcraft was existent before StarCraft was even thought of. You say it's "gay" just because it resembles StarCraft in a few ways. Well, that's because it is made by the same people, who take pride in making the best RTS games known to man. Warcraft is just a a fantasy version of StarCraft, and vice versa. I played quite a bit of Warcraft before I started playing StarCraft a lot. I still enjoy a good game of Warcraft 3, and I do the same with StarCraft. Yes, I do think StarCraft is better than Warcraft, but I give WC3 the respect it deserves, so don't bash things without giving them a more reasonable approach.

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Way to have a sense of humor. Notice I didn't say anything about WC or WC2. Those games were fine. But their introduction of heroes makes it equivalent to a Richard Simmons shake.

5. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    wow WC3's recipe sounds...gay ;D i like WC3 it's good i don't think it's bad it has a very different gameplay to the other games and it has a quite unique gameplay which is micromanagement micromanagement and of course micromanagement ^_^ but overall it is a excellent game in my opinion the battle.net is very good with the team play and i love this kind of multiplayer and the custom games are better than SC in my opinion but however after all that explanation how i like WC3, i like SC better ha ha ;D

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Lol... who wouldn't like SC better.

I'm just saying I think the heroes takes away a lot from the gameplay. They could have made them less game-changing.

Of course, my dislike could come from my inability to win using them. Lol.

7. paragon

paragon Guest

brilliant except it's 4 races not 3.

though you forgot to add:
    2 cups moldy reused plot from the back of the fridge
    and
    1 cup abandoning the original two

and my dislike does not come from an inability to win because I got to level 27 easy just to show someone how easy it was and then quit playing because it's s**tyness was too much to bear.

8. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    The custom games weren't half bad though. Other than that...not a big fan.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

they were all bad not half bad

10. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

*shrug* WC3 just kinda occupied me during my early times of getting into computer games...so at that time I didn't have much to gauge it on

11. paragon

paragon Guest

haha wc3 broke your video game flower. thats like first banging a fat chick just to get laid.

12. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

Now the recipe for starcraft 2:

1 drop of starcraft
    1 drop of brood war
    2 tons of warcraft 3
    50kg of C&C

Just kidding, but it has some truth in my joke

13. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Well when you put it THAT way Paragon... :p

14. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

@ Joneagle

noob, much? warcraft 3 beats starcraft 1 and brood war anyday. it must be because you suck balls at rts that you can't see the greatness that is Warcraft 3

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

I'm good at WC3 and RTS games in general and I know that WC3 sucks balls. and requires limited skill.

Also, don't quote longer than what you write

16. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

I'd give it 9 out of 10. Online is okay only for custom maps, but ladder matches are not that great. They seem to drag.

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    @ Lightmare Yea. I suck at RTS. That's why I play Starcraft, because it's just SO MUCH INFERIOR TO THE ABILITY REQUIRED IN WC3 *cries at his inadequateness*.

BTW, never say "you suck the balls" in any context to my face. You probably won't survive with all of your limbs. (I keep a Gauss rifle in my closet ;). The fact that it's not real is irrelevant.)

Also, I do give Blizzard credit for making their custom games good enough that I didn't laugh too hard.

Heroes will ruin any game.

@paragon I meant only 3 races were trying to imitate races from SC, but I also completely overlook the Orcs when I even think about WC3 because they're EXACTLY the same as the humans... OH WAIT, ALL the races are the SAME!!!!

BTW, never compare SC and C&C. Just because units share some capabilities and similar designs doesn't mean they're stealing or using ideas. How many futuristic weapons can you come up with? Seriously.

@ Lightmare again, I'm going to go to the nearest Salvation Army, buy a bunch of Richard Simmons workout tapes, and install them in all your media playing devices if you ever insinuate that I am gay in any way ever again.

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

tbh i don't see why it takes little skill. there still is a lot of micro involved, and strategy. it's fun online, becuase you WORK AS A TEAM, which is something you almost never do in sc. (if you doubt that then you're lying... starcraft has almost no teamwork... or at least not on the same level as wc3) I don't understand how there is no skill invovled... you still need to micro/macro, and make strategic decisions... Expansions aren't really required so it's different than starcraft which isn't always bad. and so what if the races "try to be like starcrafts"... they're still pretty balanced and how's it bad if it tries to be like a great game... it still is a good game.
    *puts on flame retardant suit*

btw... WoW is fun, and i'm sure the only people that don't like it are the people who can't afford to play it :O. jk.

19. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    WoW is fun if you like Diablo 2.

EDIT: I think everyone can pretty much agree that in general the gameplay from StarCraft kicks the crap out of Warcraft 3.

The only reason to play WC3 is if you liked the old games, are a huge fantasy fan (therefore you like the Night Elves ;)), or you've never played StarCraft (or you're freaking tired of the same gameplay and the cruddy graphics).

I don't recall WC3 earning anywhere NEAR the amount of awards that StarCraft did. And I don't recall it being one of the best games ever.

20. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

just stop bashing WC3. paragon needs to see the light. warcraft beats starcraft 1. warcraft isn't in any way fit to vs. starcraft 2. but in terms of gameplay, design, and flow of the game, warcraft 3 beats starcraft. also, a video option is crutial to people who have 24 inch monitors *wink wink nudge nudge*