Time Bomb

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Trooper_Lozer, Jul 16, 2007.

Time Bomb

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Trooper_Lozer, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

I wanted to know what everyone on the forum thought about the Protoss time bomb, if this sort of goes along with any mothership topics, excuse me. :( . But how would you use the ability and why? Just sort of curious.
    I would use it when i was attacking the main base but would it save you from a nuke?

-Trooper

2. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    i wonder if enemy units 'inside' the field are affected, abd if so how would they be?

3. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

time bomb doesnt give you invincibility.
    they probably will be affected in the exact same way your units will be. why wouldn't they.

4. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

ill use it either on a narrow pathway while retreating or flank and use on enemy army right before a gank

but im still half lost on what its effects are (gaming-wise)

5. Seth_Almighty

Seth_Almighty New Member

I would use it as cover for a force of hard hitting/low defence units. Of course the time bomb isn't invincibility because if you watch the video you see that a few rockets still hit the mother ship. With a little micro managing I am sure you can take much less damage though. I am thinking if you time bomb a little close to where you are attacking (ala not max range) then move back occasionally within the area you can probably outpace the unit fire and still get in your fire. After the time bomb ends all unit fire drops, so you are safe then as well. It would work well to destroy the heavy defences and then afterward your mothership and units can swarm in. Seems like it would work much better against terran than against zerg, but of course it couldn't hurt.

6. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

no no no you got it all wrong the missiles didn't hit the mothership the mothership moved into the missiles because the other turrets weren't in its range so it moved and it moved right into the missiles. bad AI shame on you blizzard make better AI ^^

7. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

Do you think that time bomb will be just like the defilers cloud? Where ranged units do nothing to units inside it but melee are invincible inside and can wreak havoc just like in the original? That would suck. :p

-Trooper