The Zerg regenerescence

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by SOGEKING, Apr 8, 2008.

The Zerg regenerescence

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by SOGEKING, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Hi all. This is already an idea I posted some times ago on the General discussion thread as I created a thread about the suggestions for SC2.

There it is, I am wondering again if it would be better for the Zerg to be able to speed up their regenerescence, I mean their heal levels.

When a Zerg is wounded, should it be a unit or a structure it takes time to reach the 100% heal points. So I wondered if it could be possible for tem to get an EXPENSIVE (of course) upgrade to speed teir heal up.

There would be ONE upgrade in the Evolution Chamber (if this structure still exists) for the ground Zerg units, ONE other one in the Spine for the air units, and a last one in the Hive for the Structures.

The speed could be upgraded at 50%. The balance between the others races could be threatened, that's why I suggest for those upgrades that they cost a lot of ressources.

What do you think about this great idea ?

2. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    It would be great, because, altough it was always free for the Zerg to heal, it was so slow that no unit could heal completelly in the course of a full game.

3. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I think the 50% is way too much, something around 30% would be nice.. But still, the roach already has an insane regen rate, so the upgrade would make it invincible.

The Evo chamber exists, but I think all the upgrades should be availiable from the hive, cost 500-500 each. This is a really big advantage if researched, they would have a lot of balancing work with it. Small units would be useless..

4. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    I like the idea but as hunter said some units would useless, also some units (the roach) would be way too good.

5. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    I like this idea because in Starcraft I, an injured Zerg usually took like ten minutes to heal unless it was a Zergling or Hydralisk. If the Zerg in Starcraft II get a healing upgrade, the Zerg will finally be powerful enough to not always have to die with only half of its total hitpoints from a battle earlier.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The queen could get an ability that heals zerg in an area

7. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    but the whole point of the zerg was to mass units constantly, instead of waiting for specific units to regain their full health.

8. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    But people would get tired of needlessly wasting minerals to replace units that could've been at full health in a battle, but died because it took more only like 4 more points of damage than hitpoints.

9. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    Im not saying units should be thrown into battle regardless of their health. I just think that the zerg are not about waiting for their units to regain full health, when they could make more at a low cost.
    Also, because of balancing reasons the cost of this ability would make it high on the tech tree and make it very expensive IMO

10. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Yes, the units are cheap but they still cost some resources that could have been used to say, upgrade a hatchery to a Lair, but your missing those 75 minerals from the hydralisk you just bought to make up for the almost dead one.