The Zerg in general

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Mephisto, Jan 17, 2008.

The Zerg in general

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Mephisto, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

I think that Blizz has done a great job on the other two races so far and that they should keep up the good work. But I was just looking at the Starcraft2.com home pages when a thought struck me. If they're putting in all of this great effort for the Terrans and Protoss, are the Blizz designers going to half ass the Zerg? It makes sense right? The designers get so fed up with editing every little thing that they decide to rush the Zerg and their Units, Structures, and over all game play turn out looking horrible and just completely suck. I think Blizz is awesome and would hate if 1/3 of the game that everyone is looking forward to in 09', or when ever it's supposed to come out, turns out horrible. My Question is, is Blizzard ((The best game company on Earth!!!)) going to put less detail into the Zerg then into the Protoss and Terran?

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    The reason I beleive that the zerg haven't been released is becuase they are waiting to release them and are still working on the demo video and units.

People than are working on the game love the game, and would never rush the zerg since they know that how the zerg are made could make/break the game's success. Remember that it has taken months-years to get the protoss and terrans to how they are now, so zerg will take a while as well.

3. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Welcome to the forums, maphisto.

I wouldn't worry. As EonMaster said, I am sure that the Zerg are already somewhat developed. The reason Blizzard is releasing information at all is to whet their fans' appetites. Releasing tidbits of each race and than unveiling the next one is a great marketing strategy. They just haven't gotten to the Zerg yet.

Secondly, this is Blizzard and Starcraft II. Do you really think that they will half-ass an entire third of the game? Doubtful. Blizzard has said that the game will be ready 'when it's ready,' and as a result they won't have any problem delaying the game for further development.

The Zerg are going to be fine and just as good as the other two races. Trust me.

4. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I hope that isn't true, Maphisto. Zerg are my favorite race.

5. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

I hope it isn't either...the Zerg are my life...and the only reason I like Starcraft...but the novels were good.

Wow, everyone is so nice to new people here. This is like the third time I've been welcomed to this site...how odd.-

- My life for the Swarm!

6. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    It's just how everyone acts here. Most people under 40 posts get welcomed a lot.

The zerg are my favorite race in sc, and the protoss are my favorite currently for sc2 because of the new units.

7. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Although, I would like the zerg to be extinct sometime in the Starcraft time, I would also like them to be good, just so I can see them die, and not half ass.
    And yes, did I already say welcome to you? Well, I usually only say welcome to the forum to people with bellow ten posts.
    Welcome anyway.

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Welcome!! (I'm going with the flow here)

Valid fear, tobesure, but rest assured, it won't happen. How do I know this? Simple. Blizz has a perfection policy, meaning they don't release a game, no matter how many delays, until it's perfect. And with the cash cow that is WoW, they needn't worry about losing so many buyers they'll go out of business. They'll take as long as they need to make this perfect (Possibly unfortunately XP)

9. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    With all the hype about the pending zerg release, Blizzard knows that they need to do an excellent job on the zerg to keep up everyone's excetement about the game. They have most likely been working on the zerg since the terran and protoss releases, along with the updates.

And as Fenix said, Blizzard is a gaming perfectionist, so they won't let the zerg get the short end of the stick.

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think Zerg's the one everyone's really excited to see how they've changed. I don't know about the rest of you guys but when I first heard about this, I had a good idea what Protoss and Terran units were going to look like, but when it came down to the Zerg, I had a couple of guesses, but was really in the dark what they would be like. They were rather undetailed in SC and it'll be good to see how they look now. There's also the fact that the Zerg was always the most unique race in the game with their production mechanisms and all, so it's even more interesting what they'll be like.

Blizzard's pretty much the undisputed king of developers. We won't need to worry about them slacking off on SC2. It's probably their work of a lifetime.

11. myrcutio

myrcutio New Member

i've only heard some rumors about zerg, partly that there will be a more elegant control scheme for hordes of units than the traditional drag and drop method. completely unsubstantiated, but it makes me wonder if they're having trouble with it.

There's no such thing as a bad Blizzard game, even the effing viking game rocked. Wish they would quit pussyfooting around it though and just releas some info on zerg. Tears me up inside waiting for it, yknow?

12. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It sounds pretty interesting but then again, it's probably nothing. It just might be that thing that could make or break the game depending on how it's done.

13. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Welcome to Starcraft2forum.org. Have a free congratulatory power up just for choosing this site for reliable information about Starcraft 2. Have a good one.

14. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    that would really make the game have more diverse races, would really make the zerg feel alot different then the other three races.

15. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

The Zerg are different already. They are the only race that has its builders mutate into buildings. They are all biological and don't need armor upgrades, though I think Carapace counts as armor. Their buildings are organic. They are single minded on the will of whoever controls them. They never stop no matter the losses. They eat their dead. They travel inside another being. Etc. I don't know what else their is to add to what makes the Zerg who they are.

And what do you mean by more elegant horde control? Like in C&C: Tyberium wars where their is no limit to the units you can select?

- My life for the Swarm!

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

They have MBS or something. I forgot the letters, which means you can select as many units as you can fit into a square and hotkey them all into one letter.
    Does anyone else here feel that zergligns need a new death animation? They seem to explode into a pool of blood the second they are hit by an energy blade or hit by a nonexplosive round in all the screen shots, because that has been bugging me for a while, and I haven't said anything because they are still testing. Marines used to explode when hit by a bullet too, but now they just stumble down like normal, but zerglings still seem to explode. If you look at all the pictures of zerglings in them, there are pools of blood everywhere. Not just in the demonstration clip of the protoss.

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    MBS= Multiple Building Selection?

18. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I don't really know what they stand for, otherwise I would know if it was MBS or something else.

19. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    MBS stands for Multiple Building Selection. I don't know if there's an acronym for unlimited unit selection, but I imagine it would be UUS.

As the Zerg are not even unveiled yet, I think it would be safe to assume that things like Zergling death animations are still being worked on. They did explode into pools of blood in the first game too, but they were thick, juicy pools of blood. I personally thing they'll give Zergling corpses more "body" than they currently have, as well as giving them a more fitting animation. Give it time.