The Witch doctor... Fail?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Simbob, Jul 13, 2008.

The Witch doctor... Fail?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Simbob, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    The witch doctor... What a dissapointment...:( It's abilities are way too good. Its like a cross between a barbarian (it's howl ability), a sorceress (the firebomb), necro (wall of zombies) and a druid (controlling all those little tiny locusts). What the hell? Why use anything else? I know this class is nowhere near even close to thiking about it maybe getting close to the start of tweaking its abilities. But come on... To show this in the first gameplay video is just... Pitiful.

I do like the name though. Pity about its abilities.

I do love EVERYTHING else about Diablo 3 though. :D

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Frankly I love the idea of being able to boost minions by casting abilities on them.

And locust swarm looks awesome

3. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    If you didn't notice both the barbarian and the witch doctor were at a much higher level than they normally would have been. It can't go hand to hand at all, it'll get absolutely slaughtered if it's caught without any minions and/or mana, etc. etc. If it were to be in a setting more appropriate for its level it wouldn't appear to be so good.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    1. All summoners have the problem of being raped without minons
    2. Even though it was at a higher level a skill that kills one enemy and moves onto anothr is still awesome

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    *Rolls up newspaper and swats Bob on the rump*

The only stuff about Diablo 3 we know is from WWI. It was 2 days long.

Not much info can be given from that.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Key word: LOOKS cool

7. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Its just blizzard showing off some of the ideas they have which proberly won't be in the final version. Look at the first terran video for SC2, almost everything in it has been changed dramatically or removed altogether.

8. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    i know that not much has been shown and that most of what we've seen will change but i'm just saying that its "abilities/skills" are too broad and it seem like they've just put a bit of every class in there.

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Well, it's supposed to be one of those jack of all trades characters. Diablo 2 had one in the form of the Druid, which had physical, elemental, and summoning abilities.

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Hmm

People were worried the Witch Doctor would replace the necro maybe it will replace the druid

11. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    na, i see most of those abilities as the old necro abilities. that 'howl' looked more like the necro's Terror skill, which does the same thing. the locusts, i just think of it as the disease from the Druids Rabies skill, and i always thought that as more of a necro ability, to have creatures and people die from them interacting with the dying. the only thing that i think is out of place from calling it the new necro is the firebombs, with that i just thought that he got lost in a scientist's laboratory, and decided to have fun with the colorful liquids, or maybe he got a little drunk, and those are really flaming cocktails. ^_^

in short, to me he is a necro with a different name, that got lost in a scientist's laboratory, or is drunk. =P

12. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    Well he is said to be from some sort of tribe so maybe he should have some more 'tribal' skills. Ditch the necro-like skills and give him some more native skills. But thinking about his name, he should be able to conkoct potions and things. Like in diablo 2 how you can throw potions, maybe he could throw other sorts of potions like frost potions that freeze the target(s) on impact. He could also have healing abilities seeing as though he is a "doctor".

13. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I know most of us are familiar with Blizzard's development of SC1.
    Anyone know much about D1 or D2? I have to admit that I've never even played D1.

I can't imagine they've swapped out characters as developed as the barb/witch doc before. I'm pretty certain the witch Doc is to stay no matter how much the community *****es and moans about it.

Maybe instead of the Pass/Fail grade; they should change around some of his abilities so he doesn't shadow some of the other potential characters....like the Necro.

I know you're not listening Blizz; but, Necro please. Even in the expansion.