The Tutela

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Aug 19, 2007.

The Tutela

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Name: Tutela
    Race: Protoss
    Function: Field Shield Recharger
    Health: 100
    Energy: 300
    Shield: 60
    Skills
    Patronium - This Skill creates a field around a allied unit that slowly recharges the units shield, when the units shield is at full the field disapears.
    Energy Costs: 50

This will be a Female Protoss Unit, with simular stats as a protoss zealot without the attack power, spawns from a gateway.

If you think of anymore skills this unit can have please respond.

*note i got the names for the spell and the name from a latin translator they mean protection, etc*

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Soooo.....In other words, a Protoss Medic?

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    yes pretty much, just doesnt regenerate health

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I'd very much like to see a way for the Protoss to recover but I would prefer a building rather than a unit. Here's how I'd imagine it:
    Cost would be around 200/200 with 200/200 hit points/shields. You could right click a unit or select the building and click 'restore' and then on the unit which would result in the unit entering the pod and would recover 1 health points per 5 seconds. While inside, the unit may not attack and if the building is destroyed, the unit inside is also lost. The process would not need energy or resources but you'd need several of these to effectively restore a small army.
    I so missed the repair ability in SC and even if no such thing gets in SC2 I do think the shield battery is a must have.

5. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    what about a building that has a field radius that when a unit in need of shield repairs steps into its aura it slowly regenerates shield energy?

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I think that could be abused by spamming the map with it and using Phase Prisms to power the ones needed anywhere on the map. Unless it would have energy like the shield battery in SC which would dissipate upon powercut, it would make it quite imbalanced imho.

7. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    well it would obviously have energy, just a second ill write it up.

Name: Tutela
    Race: Protoss
    Type: Building
    Function: Shield Recharger
    Health: 100
    Energy: 500
    Shield: 300

This building creates a field simular to the pylons only when a unit steps inside this field it will slowly regenerate shield energy as the Tutela loses its energy at the same rate, when the unit is full of energy it stops taking energy from the tutela, this unit must be build within the bounds of a pylon.

8. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

you mean like...a protoss creep?

9. FLATL1NE

FLATL1NE New Member

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't what Seradin just described essentially the exact same thing as the Shield Battery from BW?

10. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Pylon energy is like a protoss creep im talking about a single building with a small aura simular to the pylon only it regenerates shield, well the one from SC1 uses it to click on a unit this one has a area effect.

11. Sagathox

Sagathox New Member

mhh sorry but i dont like your idea my friend, it would be such a waste, one precious protoss unit for a shield batery?, nope, im looking forward to the replacements of the soul hunters, reaver and maybe one or two surprises, the name is cool, but the ability is justnot enough, at least for me obvoiusly, have you seen the picture of the "super zealot"? i dont remember where it is, but that´s what i look in a new protoss unit, maybe some kind of bombardment, some kind of aoe attack, i dont know i hope they create really cool units, and maybe yours isnt far from what they have in mind who knows right?

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I suggested that on the BNet forums a few weeks back and the people there seemed to think it was a good idea.

Requireing the 'toss to return to base to get fixed up while the Terrans can do it on the move does add racial distinction which is good. I am holding out for some kind of repair bay to fix up lost HP

13. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    i changed it from a unit to a building....

14. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    What we need is a drydock/repair bay. Get mah carriers fixed up between battles.
    It would still be racially distinct since Terrans can repair on the move and Protoss have to return to base to repair/recharge

15. The tutela or "protoss medic" is a terrible idea. I like the haloesque shields in sc 2 more than the old ones that require a shield battery.

16. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I think it's a great idea. :powerup:

17. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    This is one of the few times i have to agree with ackbar. Haloesque shields seem like a much better fit for the Protoss and are nearly self balancing because they only recharge out of combat. Also the Protoss should not get in any way at all a way to restore their hp it is one the few real racial weaknesses the protoss have. (even though though i do think shields should get more armor and should make up a greater portion of a Protoss unit's hp)

18. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

It sounds an awful like a Terran Medic trying to pass herself off as Protoss. I like the shields that slowly regenerate, although I wouldn't be opposed to a shield battery. Even a shield battery that could work on buildings too would be good.