The Science Vessel

Discussion in 'Terran' started by KaZoN, Jul 23, 2007.

The Science Vessel

Discussion in 'Terran' started by KaZoN, Jul 23, 2007.

1. KaZoN

KaZoN New Member

Just as I posted before with the ComSat, I wonder if they will remove the SV? Or has it already been confirmed? I dunno, any information or theories(maybe) if possible.

2. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

hmm.. I think they would keep it in it had such usefull role as a detector and support unit

3. capthavic

capthavic New Member

nothing against them but I wouldn't mind if they were replaced or removed completely.

4. StormCrow

StormCrow New Member

Siege tanks now have sience mode! ... Don't know but would be cool :thumbup:

5. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

We'll need something new if they remove it though, cant live without a detector and a magic unit(high templar,queen, etc) So i doubt they'll remove it

6. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    It's one of the units that characterized the Terrans, so I doubt it.

7. marshal109

marshal109 New Member

they better not other wise I'm gonna switch to protoss because then my eradicate combo wont work

8. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I believe there was a question asked about smart casting and the mention of irradiate, so that may be an unintented,unofficial confirmation of the science vessel.

just a thought though

9. PhantomFF

PhantomFF New Member

MD
    Science vesels were great units that were normally cornerstones of Terran strats. So they will either get brought back or something much like them will replace them.

10. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Science vessel will be back. Whether it gets a facelift and/or name change is not important, it will surely make a glorious return. Best caster unit in the entire game IMHO, and the only Terran unit I was really jealous of as a Zerg player.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes vessel must return and i hope that it transform from air to ground and vice versa too.

12. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Negative Batman. It needs to be easily targetable as a counter to it being a spell casting powerhouse. It already maneuvers pretty well being an air unit, it doesn't need anything crazier.

13. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Yea the spells in a science vessel were top notch. Probably the best of any caster i think. The only way i think they can improve it is by giving them a cooler look, so it doesn't looks like a shiney puff ball.
    The beta version sort of looks like a collosus though.

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

how about different skills in mech and ari form? emp shockwave, irradiate and defense matrix in air form then a new ability for the vessel in mech form, creates an AOE shield taht last 5 seconds to protect your units plus it can attack while in ground form (anti ground only but low damage) but loses its detector. another quick adjustment on situations like if you dont have invisible or cloak enemies then you can switch to mech form so that it will be useful anytime. and another reason to make more than one vessel. but ofcourse you can't mass this things cost they cost to much (minerals and gas) and has low damage similar to the marines.

anyway, if they won't make the vessel transform etc. i just hope it still look like a giant sphere but much more hight tech and got a lot of details on it.

15. burkid

burkid New Member

well, we still havent seen terrans aerial caster, so there is a good chance that the SV will come back.

16. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Zeratul11, you're trying to push to SciVes to become a super unit, it was already very powerful in SC1.  Even if you're Terran main, believe it or not, this is a bad thing.

Terran doesn't need its mobile detector and primary caster unit to come any later in the game.  If the SciVes was any less accessible than it was in SC1, you just wouldn't see it in 99% of the games.  And realistically, Terran players will always be forging battle plans with having no vessels in mind.

Besides, everything you've mentioned has OP and IMBA tagged all over it.  There is no chance of it happening.

17. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ok sorry, i was just imagining. ofcourse there is no way this will happen. im just overwhelm about thor and vikings (tranforms), so i thought why not add another mech that can transform and i thought it would be cool to see the science vessel transform too. ^^