The return of Black hole! How it could work in a balanced game!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Prodigal, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

The return of Black hole! How it could work in a balanced game!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Prodigal, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Hey I was thinking. Blackhole was a very interesting and exciting ability for the Mothership to have. How could it work in gameplay?

Have you ever seen a sci fi movie where "major facility or vehicle" is self destructed? What if the Mothership was regiven the blackhole ability has a SUICIDE option during combat? Not only that the blackhole would also funnel in FRIENDLY airships as well, so its consequence would be that it was a last ditch effort.

(On its own it could be destroyed before it got close enough to a formidable air force, and if in a larger group of friendly ships it would be potentially very costly to kamikaze it, making it only valuable as a last ditch self destruct strat).

So essentially the center of the blackhole would start dead center of the self destructing mothership, thus also limiting the range, or for that matter the ability of the MS to destroy the entire fleet. This would in a sense still facilitate the use of blackhole, without it being an overwhelming imbalance.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Clearly this was one of the most interesting MS abilities.

2. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I'm almost positive this possibility was discussed in one of the many threads on the Mothership/Black Hole ability. Couldn't find it on the search though.

In any case, this would belong in one of those threads. And you got me extremely excited with the thread's title (Return of the Black Hole) I thought it was coming back! You might want to change that.

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes if implemented black hole surely is the coolest and interesting rts ability ever. ^^

i want the black hole back, they can do it this way, in game it can only suck a limited number of unibut lorewise(cinematic, story etc.) it can suck up everything. starcraft in game is not really realistic in the first, just like the yamato, i mean 1 target and not even a splash damage?

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I didn't read much of your post but I think if it was to return using all of its energy to create a blackhole at its source would be quite good as you can dodge it with fast air units and it destroys the Mothership which I'd say is a nice drawback if it was on super unit status.
    The change would also emit lots of stratagy stopping players from wanting to time bomb everything whereas they could save this blackhole til the last 50 hp and suck everything into it instead of dying by the hand of its destroyers. Also plays nice into lore.

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    ninerman13 is correct, there are numerous topics/posts regarding the Motherships black hole and I am sure this has been disscussed in one of them. If you would like to continue this disscussion please do so in one of the other Threads regarding the Mothership and/or the Black Hole.

Topic Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.