The Protoss dont have an adeqaute fighting capabilities against air attacks

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by merkavam4, Sep 17, 2007.

The Protoss dont have an adeqaute fighting capabilities against air attacks

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by merkavam4, Sep 17, 2007.

1. merkavam4

merkavam4 New Member

As of now, the Protoss cant do much against air attacks- the Phoenix is inadequate- very weak with an ability that is avoided easily and leaves him completely helpless. the Warpray is incapable of dealing with a lot of small flying unit, and of NORMAL INFANTRY(for crying out loud, its suppose to be a capital ship!!!), and the Mothership cant attack air units- it suppose to be the most ancient and most powerfull weapon the Protoss have but cant attack air units?!?

Second, the anti-air of the protoss is virtually non-existant- the only unit capable of is the stalker, which is a weak unit, even weaker than the Zealot, and used for ambushes and raiding, not for real war.

How can a Protoss player hope to play the game like this? Its like going to battle knowing that youll lose no matter what you do.

2. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

There is going to be a tweaks here and there. It is going to be depending on the person's skill. I think phoenix is a useful in air to air situations. blizzard will do something to for sure.

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I think we should give the MS an air attack again and MAYBE the Immortal an air attack

OH also I feel I should mention the warp ray isn't supposed to deal with infantry or fighters. It was designed to kill capital ships and buildings and it does this job very well.

Remember Carriers Warp Rays and Phoenixes Stalkers can shoot air probably Archons too and psi storm and overload are very powerful AoE that hit air

SC1 had Scout, Corsair, Carrier, Dragoons and Archons with psi storm hitting air. Seems adequate enough to me

4. Snubble

Snubble New Member

Just to reiterate what BirdofPrey said:

1.) The Pheonix matches up well against small air units.
    2.) The Warp Ray matches up well against large air units.
    3.) The Carrier matches up reasonably well against everything.

It will take some skilled micro to make full use of the Pheonix and the WRay, but in theory at least, they could be extremely effective.

4.) Stalkers do double damage against armored units and have almost the same amount of HP as the dragoon.
    5.) Archons do great damage against close range air units and can use feedback against the Mothership and the BC'er.

And Motherships might not be able to shoot air units but Time Bomb makes a lot of Terran Anti Air pretty useless.

5. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

Indeed protoss have a wekness in their A-A combat. But the thing that I find verry stupid is the mothership's inabillity to fight air units - for a vessel designed to travel through the universe and 'carry on the light of aiur' it's pretty dumb it has no air attack. I think sometimes in the name of balance some game makers do verry stupid things. I mean come on lets say in one of the protoss journy they fing a battlecruisser - the big bad ship of the mighty protoss empire runs like hell from a terran battleship ... that's not lame ... that ridiculesly stupid and absolutly dumb. Also I think since the dark templars have a greater role in the protoss empire they should have a fighter - a new version of the corsair - but not a replacement for a unit but a stand-alone one.