The Phoenix VS The Corsair.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by epo, Sep 15, 2007.

The Phoenix VS The Corsair.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by epo, Sep 15, 2007.

1. epo

epo New Member

Hello guys, I just wanted to ask if it’s just me who misses the Corsair in the game. I personally think that the corsair is a much cooler unit then the phoenix. Now don’t get me wrong, I love the whole idea/story with the phoenix, crap I have a tattoo of a phoenix on my back.

But the whole idea of a ship designed so that it looks like a bird… and a protoss ship none the less, I mean it just doesn’t fit the protoss lore, or make sense.

It’s just that I remembered playing Protoss in StarCraft:Broodwar and I loved the design of the Corsair and the back story.
    “These fast, medium sized warships were built by the Dark Templar to safeguard their wandering fleetsâ€

So here is my suggestion.
    Remove the Phoenix and replace it with the Corsair, but give the special ability to overload to the Corsair
    (btw this idea kinda makes sense, because the attack of the Corsair fires neutron flares fast as crazy and I could imagine that if you don’t let the firing device cool down sometimes that it would easily overload.

http://www.battle.net/scc/protoss/units/corsair.shtml
    http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/phoenix.xml
    Ps and you know what would look really cool? If the Corsair would now have a “dark†armour now! Ds

Let me know what you guys think!

/epo

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I liked the corsair.  I also like the Phoenix.  Both of their abilities are very useful and valuable so I think both should be in the game.  Corsair will be the fastest air unit and only attack air while the Phoenix will be slower and be able to fire at the ground and will also have more of an impact when it fires

Yes Corsair with DT color scheme

3. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

phoenix vs. corsair = phoenix

i definitely disagree with epo regarding the ff:

U SAY I SAY

* Is it just me who misses Corsairs? * not anymore after BirdofPrey ;good;
    * Corsair is cooler than phoenix * of course coz phoenixes are HOT!!! ;D
    * Phoenix doesnt fit protoss lore * give me 1 good reason....
    * Replace phoenix with Corsair * phoenix replaced both scout and corsairs for air supremacy
    * Overload ability for Corsairs * way to imba coz not only do they get air splash but also an
    AOE skill its just an overlapping skill possibility
    * Corsair with Dark Colors * as long as they do that with carriers or warp rays too ^_^

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    All I really care about is the disruption web. It is so useful it should be in SC2.

5. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    hey i like corsair too. the disruptions web was really helpful for base defenses. but since the mothership has already the timebomb, the corsair's ability won't be needed anymore. so i agree on removing the corsair. the phoenix should stay.

6. DeathRot

DeathRot New Member

the time bomb arleady solve the disruption webs of couse cosair been a hit and run overlord hunter but i think the phoenix can do a better job with clearing mass overlord moving around with overload, so i think phoenix must stay and cosair doesnt need to return and u said cosair with overload doesnt make sense couse cosair are so cheap to mass with and with overload kinda imba

totally disagree with the cosair new theories even thou it was cool and i still think phoenix is still a better AA air fighter than the cosair if u were to deal with massing mutalisk and viking

7. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I like corsairs...they're annoying..killing my overlords etc......both should be in the game

8. burkid

burkid New Member

i believe there was a topic about this a while back.

9. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Protoss Corsair's are very powerful against Overlord and other air units, i loved them and their ability to stop the Enemy Marines Attacking and Hydralisk also :)

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The thing about the timebomb is it is highter on the tech tree and more powerful. It has a larger size than the disruption web lasts longer and your units can supposedly attack from within it as they say it does not affect your units.

11. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

the Corsair should return.he was THE overlord hunter,and this is one ability Blizzard should not look down upon.bringing the corsair back is necessary,and the disruption web is useful.

12. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

/\ the phoenix will be the next overlord hunter. If people want to stack their overlords away from trouble, send in one phoenix and overload him. That'll be a lot of dead overlords. Disruption web was useful, to be sure, but there's nothing that it did that the time bomb doesn't do better, larger, and longer. Also, to be truthful, I always hated the fact that the corsair couldn't attack both air and ground. AA only? please, just give me a little harrassing attack!

13. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    The pheonix is way better end of descusion.

14. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

uhh...no.they clearly have diferent uses.the Phoenix may fire more powerfull shots,but it fires slower than the Corsair.also,the overload ability is clearly not useful for hunting overlords.yes,you go,you approach them,you use overload,you become defenseless after it,and then you die...

15. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

/\ well, even if you do lose one phoenix, how much more expensive are 8-10 overlords? Moreover, there's no guarantee that you'll lose your phoenix as well.

16. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    while both have their ups and downs the phoenix is much more useful now that the protoss dont have reavers, disruption web wont be as needed with out the reaver drop option. With the ability to attack ground units with the same attack that you attack air with the phoenix will actually be a unit worth massing, unlike the corsair which you only needed a couple of.

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yeah that should be good but I still would like disruption web but I suppose I can survive on time bomb

18. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

actually if you going for corsairs, especially in the reaver-sair strategy against zergs, you need lots and lots of corsairs.

19. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I'm kind of n00b-ish at this game since I haven't played it for very long, so I never really used the corsairs since you needed lots of them to be effective and I spent most of my resources to develop ground troops since the computers love to raid my base early in-game; damn AI!

The Phoenix looks great and seems pretty powerful with its overload ability so I know I will be using it in my air fleet along with warp rays and a few carriers

I love the the color scheme used for the protoss with the bright blue and gold