The new siege tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by L0ck and L04d, Aug 4, 2007.

The new siege tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by L0ck and L04d, Aug 4, 2007.

1. L0ck and L04d

L0ck and L04d New Member

Ok, I know this sounds crazy but I havent seen any topics on what people think of the new siege, so please tell me if there is?

Now, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that thing was: GAGAGAGAGA :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ! But when its in siege mode it looks... well like it fires some kind of disk shaped round or some thing, i'm shure blizzards got an awsome reason for doing this but i'm just not seing it.

2. Im glad they kept the spreading treads, everyone was complaining about it and i figured theyd remove it. What are those yellow things above the tank (theyre also above the ghosts) are they command keys? If so how do command keys function, i cant find any info on them.

3. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    I love it and think its a big improvement from the previous design.

Blizzard has said nothing about those marks/symbols above the Terran units but they did say they WON'T be using a veterancy/exp system similar to CnC.

4. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Lol, as said before on another forum, these things will not be ranks or anything. I like the new look of the siege tank. It looks less like toy tanks that are made of plastic and have a beter look of battle and everything. This sounds crazy to some people but I liked the seige tank beter in tank mode, in the gameplay video, it looked like they became buildings when they were in siege mode. Did this have the same apeal to anyone else? They didn't move or anything when the zealots or imortals got too close.

5. TerranTemplar

TerranTemplar New Member

Hmm, I hope the sounds have been updated, but still retain the familiar hiss...locking in place sound that the first seige tank when it fully deployed.

Yes, destruction on wheels is a pretty good fit by what the pics show.

It looks more like a badass turret than a tank, but the more badass the better :p

6. L0ck and L04d

L0ck and L04d New Member

the tank looks so, so, so AWSSOME!!!!

and I think those yellow things on top are like skill levels that you get from killing enemys, it worked well in red alert 2 so why shouldint it work here?

7. burkid

burkid New Member

because that is C&C and
    THIS
    IS
    STARCRAFT!!!!!!!!
    *kicks guy into the pit*

8. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Yea, I really hope there's not much of a ranking system going on. I also don't really understand why a siege tank would get ranks in the first place. I mean, a Soul Hunter, who's nature and fighting style is (or was) to absorb kills and get more powerful, so it kinda made sense for it to have it. But a Siege Tank?

Terran General: "Rooooaaar, I can feel the souls of the dead empowering the armor of my Tonka!"

...see, it wouldn't work.

9. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The new Siege tank looks great, they improved it a lot from the siege tank before

10. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

The icons above the units are probably ranks... to show efficacy of a unit, this doesn't imply any power up whatsoever. In theory a probe can get ranks for returning the most or noticable amount of minerals. A tank can get ranks for.. sieging. It's probably just a more immersive way to tell you how many kills this unit has, each icon could mean like 25 or 50 kills and they stack.. once it hits a hundred it'll change and still stack the 25 icons... like roman numerals. That's all specualtion but you can't tell me it doesn't make sense. Notice the ones with the ranks are Ghosts (self explanatory) Tanks (also self explanatory) and the Marines, the ones CLOSEST to the frontline.

On topic, I love the new look, I love how the cannon splits open too look more badass in siege mode, and I love siege mode just as much. The new tank mode looks great too, a lot bigger and bulkier and less pan-cake-ish.

11. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Maybe I misunderstood the idea of ranking. If it simply means overall kill rate status or what not, that'd be just fine. I guess what I was saying it'd be silly to have a tank gain power by killing (if that ranking meant). My bad.

12. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Well we don't know yet, and that'd be pretty stupid if they did... but I figure it's just something nice to show, and it'll give us incentive to keep those units alive... I sure as hell did it a lot in C&C, not because they were more powerful, because they could still get run over and killed... but because its like, "Z0mg R4Nkz, k3ept d3m lyve!"

13. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Have something against pancakes there Judicator? :p

Anyway, I think its a good bet they are not ranks because Blizzard said they wont be using a system like that and they havn't even commented on them yet, so that leaves them open to being anything. I just wish people would stop playing the assumption game as much as they do and look more at the facts then like "omg it looks like ranks from CnC, so it must be true!"

14. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    Wait, you mentioned running over units with vehicles. Would that be possible in SC2- including building explosion damaging and lifted buildings falling on both friend and foe. Cuz I'm sure Blizzard has the engine, but is it or is it not a good idea =\

15. burkid

burkid New Member

keep it in C&C, out of starcraft.

16. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

some post a before and after pic please so i can see the real differance

17. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I still dont like the bottem of the tank. it still looks kinda strange.

18. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Oh, I like it. Muy bien. The old ones were horrid looking. These ones now look like Deth on Wheelz. Yes, Deth. They rock that hard

19. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I vaugely remember seeing in an old SC:Ghost vid a siege tank firing what looked like a disk shaped round. Kinda like the disk gun in Tribes but in an arc.

20. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

this new tank looks better than the original. i like the tank mode look better than the siege mode. if only we can always use the tank mode in battle.

there are other models or artworks of tanks in blizzcon too. i notice there are tanks that looks more futuristic and dont have tracks but floats like that of starwars. i wonder why they choose this model? maybe they always thought of the terrans as rusty and heavy armored looking.

but anyway those other tanks still looks good. ^^