The most depressing thing I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Space Pirate Rojo, Feb 24, 2009.

The most depressing thing I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Space Pirate Rojo, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    http://www.petitiononline.com/d3art/petition.html

TL;DR, we want everything grey and brown like every other "next-gen" game.

Good god.

I want to go find all 59 000 people that signed this, and spend five minutes having a nice chat with them.

2. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    The art direction in D3 is beautiful, these guys just want something to whine about. F*ck 'em, and if they want a second opinon, f*ck 'em again.

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I love what blizzard is doing with Diablo 3 and i cant wait to look at and play diablo 3 almost as much as Starcraft II.

Blizzard you better not listen to these fools.

Real life is not filled with dark, dreary colors as these people who never leave their basements think.

go outside once in a while freaks!, look at the trees, the sky, the grass, the clouds!!

/rant

4. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    What's sad about it is how all these "diehard fans" seem to have never even SEEN Diablo 2.
    Sure, Diablo was going just down the crypts, catacombs etc, so obviously it was pretty dark (though even there were plenty of bright blues, yellows, reds, etc), but Diablo 2? There were plenty bright colors even in the deserts, lava or spell effects

5. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    The only depressing thing about this is people caring way too much about a computer game and starting/signing petitions like this.

6. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    Honestly, I don't like Starcraft and Diablo turning 'Warcrafty', but Blizzard has said that that's how their art in general is going to be, and although I may not like it, I definitely have more respect for them as a company to not do a 'try to make everyone happy, end up making no one happy' scenario (Ex. Warhammer Online).

So I support them in their move for Starcraft 2 and Diablo a little cheerful and happy despite the constant violence. (although, the first stuff we got of Terran and Zerg, I was quite worried. I'm sure in Blizzards opinion too, Starcraft is not the place for glossy bright blue/green/pink/red/other colour action figures)

So when I feel happy an am in search of a bright and cheerful yet violent universe, I'll make my way for Starcraft 2 (and Diablo 3 if I have the money), but if I'm feeling the need for something a little more immersive, well, I can't think of an RTS that really stands out as realistically gritty with their warzones (maybe Company of Heroes), but you get the point =)

7. TiNK[E]

TiNK[E] New Member

in a glass case of emotion
    cry me a river. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

8. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    i signed it. just ebcause, seriously, i understand *****ing about it just being a computer game. and kuvasz, it is important to people. That's why fansites, like this, exist. for people to talk about what they want and why. isn't this a little more weighty? i think this has a bit more weight because it's the ENTIRE game. i think diablo is supposed to be darker. yeah, it looks gorgeous and nice, but i really want it more Diablo esque, not warcraft like. and meee, i've seen the second. it's good, but i liked the feel of the first diablo more. it had the unique feel not a lot of games give. so yes, the looks of D3 are gorgeous, but if possible i want a return to the good ol dark, gloomy, and slightly scary stuff instead of happy brightness, even if it's outside. (though looking at the dungeons in D3 they looked pretty good) I just want it to be the epic game it was and not forget that in its want to be like other games.

9. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I don't like how the new Diablo graphics are "shinny"

It isn't at all like the "previews" Diablos

If you ever want me to sign anything, make sure you've proofread it so as to not sound stupid. It nullifies all power your argument may hold.

10. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    XD
    hey, you can't expect them to get everything. though they shoulda checked, it IS a petition after all.

11. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

yeah and especially since it would be going to Blizzard themselves

12. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

I say, have an option where you can choose both.
    Maybe too much, but it sure hell will please everybody.

13. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Jesus, the Diablo community seems to be the whiniest of them all. just check the forums and all you see is complaints ¬_¬
    Diablo 3 looks so good, what they did with the barbarian is a perfect example of how good this game is going to be. And it looks just as dark as D2 imo, maybe not as dark as D1 but hell.. still pretty Diabloish and not worthy of a remake as these guys say

14. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I'm likely to be bias because I came from D2 back to D1.

Diablo 1's atmosphere... is just DAMN. It's good, it's dark, it's nerve-wracking, it makes you concerned for your character. Damn right I'll get claustrophobic because of cramped cathedrals, echoing caves, and whatnot.

Now with the step up to larger, for the most part, open environments... but still with the trace of D1 popping up. Look at all the non-field areas in Act 1. Then we hop into a desert, but still with the most evil feel. Act 3 is no different, Act 4... you're in Hell. Can't get more dark and demonic. Act 5 throws you into a WAR for crying out loud.

D3 resembles Diablo 2 more than anything else, but with that tomb that you fight the Thousand Pounder in... it just reeks of Diablo 1, even if lacking the darkness and grit.

15. cameronielsen

cameronielsen New Member

Blizzard has to get the color values right before they start shading stuff. The recent Zerg update is an example - the colors didn't really change, things are just shaded more appropriately to a real light source now.

16. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Blizzard did do somethings in the atmosphere in D3. They made the light radius a bit more noticeable.
    I'm fine for what ever now, if they choose to release the game in its current state, hooray! If they decide to change the color tones, yay! Doesn't really matter to me anymore.

PS. This will never end, It's like trying to make a gangster listen to goth rock. One likes bright colors, one person loves dark and neither will understand the other. It's all on a matter of perspectives and personalities.

But one thing is for sure, I still think the "Wizard" is one crappy name....

17. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Eh, what?
    What you mean is "wizard" is a crappy name, while Sorcerer, Rogue, Warrior, Barbarian, etc were not?
    Or you dislike all the names? I just don't see how wizard is in any way different from the other names in terms of "quality"

18. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

It's just my opinion. Not saying they should change it for my liking. And yes, I thought Warrior, Barbarian and Sorcerer were good names. It's the same reasoning why I like tomato sauce but hate all other tomato foods, ketchup, tomatoes, salsa (True). A lot of the characters have general names, but I happen to dislike one. All to my preference.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  19. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Isn't ketchup tomato sauce?

And i didn't like wizard at first, but i got used to it.

20. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

There seems to be quite a misunderstanding here on wizards and sorcerers coz from what i know from most types of games, sorcerers are magicians with innate capabilities whereas wizards have to master knowledge from experience plus they have plenty of specialties.. but anyway..

The most depressing thing to me would probably be 5 classes.... im quite greedy, i was expecting 10 hahaha