The Arbiter and Recall

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jun 29, 2007.

The Arbiter and Recall

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jun 29, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Now that the Protoss are armed with a new way to deploy units via pylon aura/phase prism, will there still be a need for recall? Would there still be a need for an arbiter airship? With Protoss gaining these previously unseen (new) units that look to be strong contenders on the battlefield, would it be fair with an arbiter cloaking hulking colossi, a mothership, and other heavy hitting units?

So many questions and so many new additions, I seriously doubt that we will be seeing the Protoss Arbiter in StarCraft 2. Your thoughts on it?

2. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha haven't you heard of the star relic? It's almost just like the arbiter. The star relic is an air spell caster with an ability to cloak units and buildings.

3. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I have heard of it my flying friend, which is the reason why I posted this topic.

4. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea so I seriously doubt the arbiter will come back to SC2. So the star relic would be able to cloak those hulking colossi, a mothership, and other heavy hitting units. I mean if they could cloak buildings, they can cloak those big units.

Plus if someone is doing planet cracker on ya when its invisible and you see a star relic... then it just takes common sense to know what to do.

5. paragon

paragon Guest

Wouldn't you see the planet cracker lasers of the mothership if is is cloaked anyways? You always saw the wraith lasers when they were cloaked.

I don't think they would have recall because they have Warp In and while not being the same, it is a similar mechanic.

6. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Im going to miss The Arbiter and Recall. That was such an awesome ability. The star relic looks a little too froofy to me.

7. DontHate

DontHate New Member

g'bye my arbiter friend. i loved htat guy so much :(

8. paragon

paragon Guest

yeah who wants to cloak buildings anyways...

9. burkid

burkid New Member

with the star relic, is cloak passive like the arbiter or do you have to activate the field? because in one of the pictures from PC gamer, there is a big protoss vs protoss fight, both with a MS and in the top right corner there are 2 star relics and nothing around them is cloaked

10. paragon

paragon Guest

maybe it was an early pic. or maybe it does have to be activated (this would suck if it costs energy). early pics of arbiters didn't cloak anything.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

i really hope that cloaking is passive.

12. opm

opm New Member

NYC
    yeah it was my favorite, non zerg unit and hopefully the adjudicators have moved on to bigger and better ships.

13. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    oh man i'm gonna be upset if you need energy to cloak units/buildings. ick!

Maybe the star relic has a smaller cloaking field?

14. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

It is possible that it will not be passive, It appears that the Star Relic has an ability called Hide.

If the Arbiter is removed, then I can only hope that the Star Relic is a worthwhile replacement. Good bye stasis field and recall.

15. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I thought the Twilight Archon has a Stasis Field dealie.

16. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

why must they kill my arbiter? T_T i loved statsising their army and then recall and just sitting there and wait until their army unfreezes and BOOM insta-kill XD or just stasis the army and walk into their base with little or no defense at all T_T i'll miss you arbiter

R.I.P.
    Here lies the Arbiter
    He was the ownage unit. So powerful it got the boot. T_T

17. Light

Light Guest

lol...devoted fan of the arbiter u are, uchi.

@ fenix, no, not the archon, the high templar now has an ability to ''create barriers''. it duznt stasis units, it just creates a wall that is like stasis, cannot be destroyed and goes away after som time. im not worried bout arbiters, star relics are basicly it. but ill still miss it.

18. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

R.I.P Arbiter...

I like the name of the star relic, it sounds mysterious and ancient. Though, I would put my money on the idea that star relics don't need energy to cloak units, but buildings on the other hand could have an energy requirement to cloak. Or at least I hope they don't take energy to cloak units.

Star relic uses energy to cloak army. Science vessel uncloaks army for free. Star relic continues to waste energy. (True story)

19. paragon

paragon Guest

Where did it say that star relics require energy to cloak things?

20. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

They didn't, but it just seems like something that has a slight chance of happening and would also make us rather frustrated. I don't think it's that odd of an idea, though. Suddenly this new unit can cloak not only units, but buildings too. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a drawback to that kind of power, maybe not energy but some sort cost.