That banner at the top of the site.

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Aurora, Apr 11, 2010.

That banner at the top of the site.

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    The one with the "beta key generator" and the "full game download" behind it. I assume it'll pump my pc full with viruses instead of beta keys and game data. My question is: why is this advertisement being placed on an official startcraft 2 fansite? I mean, everything on that site is clearly against Blizzard's policy on the distribution of their games and beta keys. :/

2. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Jon tested the site and found it to be safe, so you won't be getting any viruses from it. And as it's impossible to actually get a key from the site, they're not going against blizzard because they're not giving you anything.

As to why it's being portrayed on the site, it simply comes down to money. The site costs a good bit of money and Jon can't afford to pay for it himself. The best way he has to pay for it is with ads. Unless jon finds another way to pay for the site, it's something that has to be dealt with.

3. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    cant Jon sell his body or something?

4. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Haha, Ursa. 100 bucks to have sexy time with the sc2 god

But if it's safe, then I guess it's all good. (pun fully intended :p)

5. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Oh, that site DOESN'T have viruses.
    What their "trick" is, is that you have to do a survey (generates cash) in order to get the fake key (that doesn't even exist according to blizzard).

6. the8thark

the8thark New Member

So basically the ad is false advertising. Advertising beta keys that are fake or in other words advertising beta keys they never had in the first place. So no viruses or direct sale of beta keys, so no direct violation of SC2-forums rules. But the whole thing is a scam though.