Terrans- the new Zerg?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Light, Mar 19, 2008.

Terrans- the new Zerg?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Light, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Light

Light Guest

No, I don't mean that the Terrans will grow giant fangs and claws and bite everyone heads off :p

Its just that lately...I have been feeling quite afraid for my favourite (and I hope to keep it my favourite) race. It seems to me that Terrans have become what Zerg used to be in StarCraft- a weak race with strength in numbers. From what I've seen so far, the other 2 races seem to slaughter the terrans like flies. Especially when you see large groups Marines (Lets rename them Zerglings :p) get cut in half/quarters/mini-kebabs by a just a handful of Zealots. Not like it would be in the original. Seriously, they're just like zerglings. Same with other Terran units, watch them being slaughtered.
    Now that we see the Zerg come back into the light with unusually strong units, It all makes some scary sense, making me uncomfortable. Look at the videos- Large groups of marines and other Terran units winning only through numbers, how fragile they are. Is it possible that Blizzard is switching the 2 race's strategic places?

Other things (Like, just think of the infamously shitty Thor) don't make Terrans look that good. :(

2. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Try this one:
    1. Open up your SC and try to play mass marine without using medics and micro
    2. ?
    3. Profit!

Seriously never rely on trailers and Blizzard demos. They used marines to show of their new units and abilities, I am sure that if they wanted to show of their marines they would treat them differently, not mindlessly running into army of siege tanks.
    Oh and as far as I know terran was always about massing tanks, and vultures. Incase of TvZ mass marine. So no I dont think this is an issue, certianly there are some, but its just alpha and most of them will get fixed. Although I have many issues with the current state of the game this is not one of them.

3. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah good example ^
    Really those Zerg videos just showed what happend if the Zerg has 10:1 base:
    DIE DIE DIE
    They were so much unfair for the Terran, I nearly had a bad feeling, even thought im a Zerg player.

Dont trust those videos, they are propaganda from Kerigan.
    Greetings the last Celebrate... ...help me....

4. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Lol, yes, the trailers are about the victories of the races, I don't think you want to see them die in the first place. Zerlings are still weaker than the marines, as the zealots could hold much more of them, Hydras became a middle game support/assault unit, but I am sure that terran abilities and units we haven't seen before will solve the problem you mention. In my opinion the Terran are still stronger than the Zerg, With the Siege tanks of course, the nuke an they can set up a defensive position with BC's having plasma ray which can quickly finnish up a huge force of Zerglings, or other swarming units. So don't worry GM_k, Terran will rock :)

5. SuccaMC

SuccaMC New Member

Death Star
    Terran 4 Life man, siege tanks and vikings will be unbeatable. Have no worries.

6. SCunite

SCunite New Member

SuccaMC what happens if they come in with dark templars and phoenix's?

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Mass Mutalisk will own your Vikings and Tanks. Sorry.

8. SCunite

SCunite New Member

well mass of phoenix's will "PWN" mutalisk

9. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

As everybody has been saying - the trailers/video have been specifically to show off a race in particular, so don't worry.

In the original Starcraft we had the following relationships:
    - One Zergling < One Marine < One Zealot
    - One Marine < Two Zerglings < One Zealot
    - One Marine < One Zealot < Four Zerglings
    - Two Zerglings < One Zealot < Three Marines

Now, those were just the basic 'infantry' unit of all three races, but so far in Starcraft II the same type of thing appears to be true. Zerg still rely on numbers, Protoss still rely on brute strength, and Terrans are still the middle of the road. And by the time the game is finished I'm sure that we'll have a good Thor or a lack of Thor, as well as correction of other nuances.

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Zealots have always been hella strong. Of course they'll butcher the Marines.

The thing I like about Terran is that you can always piece together different squads of units and get a badass outcome. Of course massing one unit won't work for the flexible Terran.

11. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Besides, we'll have marauders mixed in (although Firebats were better) plus tanks, jackels, ghosts to get rid of those pesky infesters...

12. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

ghost are ganna walk on them zerg. there main units are light armored so i'll have snipe fest when SC2 comes out :)

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Roach is an armored unit. As are, if I remember correctly, hydras. And as they seem to make up the majority of Zerg ground forces, snipe will be quite inefficient. Zerglings are lightly armored, but they're not worth sniping individually. The best candidates for snipe imo are banelings, overlords (if light armor), drones, and casters.

14. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

The Roach doesn't have lots of armor, just an insane regen

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I wasn't talking about their armor, I was talking about their armor type, which is 'armored'.

16. Gforce

Gforce New Member

the others are right, they were just showing off the other races.

17. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    As far as i know isnt the roach armored?
    Still, Terran have mech (look at those even bigger ST), Zerg still need mass Zerglings.

18. Gforce

Gforce New Member

true.