Terran vs ultralisks and infestors

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Deman, Apr 28, 2010.

Terran vs ultralisks and infestors

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Deman, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Deman

Deman New Member

So every match I play vs zergs it goes fine untill they have a swarm of ultralisks and infestors.
    How do I defeat these? I can't see them since they dig under the ground and those ultralisks just eat up everybody.

2. FFenix

FFenix New Member

post replay

3. Deman

Deman New Member

I uploaded it on mediafire
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wmtzkdlykww

I probably so something wrong since I am completely new and never played any rts before except C&C campaigns :p

Tips and how to defeat those infestors and mutalisks would be handy.

I recommend you fast forward a bit because it's all normal and fine except at the last 15 mins. He than goes attack like mad with a huge swarm.
    How can I avoid or defeat those?

Edit: I mean ultra lol XD Damn all those names :p

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I can't watch the replay and don't have any experience with SC2 but I would think that if you had scouted the ultras out soon enough then you could've massed banshees, especially since the Zerg didn't have any air judging by your description.

Against mutalisks, mass ravens and their hunter-seeker missiles are what I'd try.

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Wtb reavers. ^^

But seriously, pretty much do what Kuvasz said. You'd have absolutely raped him with some air. :)

6. Deman

Deman New Member

Okay :) I will remember this for the next game I play. Thanks for the handy tips.
    He did had air units which I didn't said. I just don't know the name, is it hydralisks? I tried to use vikings on them but he builds everything in swarms of like 10 units so he insta rapes my 3 vikings.
    Edit: Damn I just screw up all those names.
    Infestors Ultralisks and the flying guys, hydralisks?

So I now know how to defeat ultralisks

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  7. Gforce

Gforce New Member

no hydralisks are a mid-tier ground unit, mutalisks are the air unit. What i would do in your situation, near the entrance of your base put two missle defence towers and a sensor tower or two. The missle towers will reveal cloacked units and the sensor towers will give you an early warning to when an attack is coming.

8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Why two sensors?

9. Gforce

Gforce New Member

I usually have one at each end of my base, its saved me countless time from arieal insertions and cliff jumpers. I posistion them just right to see everything in my corner of the map and a little beyond.

10. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    You shouldn't even have to worry about that army. Attack your opponent sooner next time. A good counter to Ultralisks is Thors and their ability to stun and do damage for 6 secs. For the Infestors a couple cloaked Ghosts with some accurate EMPs will take care of them.

11. asdf

asdf New Member

thor is the instant ultra counter. 500 damage and stuns them till they're dead anyways. infestors- ghost EMP + snipe. each of them are at the same tech levels, more or less.

ravens can also work- hunter-seeker missiles and stuff. seige tanks can greatly outrange infestors, so if you set them up properly you can take them out early.

12. Arzgoth

Arzgoth New Member

You cannot defeat them, Yield to the zerg

13. Villiers

Villiers New Member

Once I get to mid-game against zerg, I'm usually sure to get some thors. Thors are great against zerg because they are very useful against light air units (mutalisks) and strong ground units (roaches, ultralisks). Of course you need to back them up with other units. Hellions are good as backup because they are excellent against zerglings (and zerglings are decent counters against thors).

Against ultralisks, thors can take heavy damage and trade blows, allowing your tanks and marauders and whatever else to land hits. In addition, the 250mm cannon upgrade for the thor is practically made for ultralisks. Infestors can be a bit of a problem against thors, but thats what your back-up units are for, like tanks.

This will work as long as you stay on top of your macro.