Terran Ultimate Unit Idea

Discussion in 'Terran' started by concreteasflesh, Jul 4, 2007.

Terran Ultimate Unit Idea

Discussion in 'Terran' started by concreteasflesh, Jul 4, 2007.

1. concreteasflesh

concreteasflesh New Member

So heres an idea, The Terran Capital Flagship

A large large airborne Ship bigger then a battlecruiser, with multiple powerful lasers for ground attack and multiple anti air missle batteries. so here goes the thought

The Terran Capital Flagship would cost a significant ammout of resources and would be aimed as a late ingame unit and top of the terran tier. it would be composed of very heavy armor and capable of taking significant beatings. for its weaponry the Terran Capital Flagship be composed of a Rapid Ground Nullifying Laser, it could attack up to 3-4 independant enemies at once and the longer it attacks a single unit the faster its attack will become. for anti air the Capital Flagship will be able to attack in 3 different directions, its front and its sides, leaving its rear vaunerable. it would fire hellfire missles much like the valkyrie in multiple volleys, devastating enemy air units.

For its abilities i have a number of ideas. so here is goes,

First ability would be a calldown. the Capital Flagship arrives at a battle where Terrans are getting ripped apart, besides the fact its presence along can turn a battle to the Terrans favor the C.F. can drop down a squad of marines and a squad of armored support units (given balancing anywhere from 4-6 marines with 2 medics and 2 siege tanks)(it would also have a pretty big cool down rate, making its use very stratigical). this ability could be crucial in large scale battles when Terran forces are suffering impending defeat on the ground.

Its Second ability would be a built in repair and carrier bay for smaller air units such as wraiths. (holding anywhere from 4-8-12 units at one time) it would repair units at half the price that SCVs take to repair but at twice the length, also the C.F. could carry these units around, making appear to be a lone unit and drawing in an enemy attack only to suprise them with unleasing its fatal cargo, however if the C.F. is destroyed then all units onboard will die as well.

The Third ability would be the Tactical Hydrogin Bomb, the C.F. could drop an T.H.B. on an enemy base, and it would deal similar damage as a Tactinal Nuke but either have twice the radius or more damage, the C.F. would not be effected by the attack, or either i would have to fly away or be far enough as not to be damaged,(this cool down would be the longest and would need the most mana/energy to use)

Other ideas for abilites could be: Suizen Cannon (or possibly another name), similar to the Yamato cannon, only differing that with the C.F.'s larger size the suizen cannon would deal significantly more damage not to just a single target, but would have a large splash as well, think of it as a laser attack with the power or a nuke in a smaller radius.

The object of the Terran Capital Flagship is purely supportive, its not meant to take out bases on its own but to bulster large amries of terran units and be able to give an extra dose of terran fire power when needed, its abilities are purely from a military point of view, get more fire power where its needed. in 1on1 combat it would easily take out any unit but its best used as an anchor unit, to hold the line. ill post more ability ideas for the C.F. if i can think of any, let me know what your thoughts are on it, peace.

2. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    I like it, but I think you're overdoing it with its attack. Otherwise I like its abilities, maybe the marine/medic/tank drop is a little silly and should be replaced with the shuizen gun, but I like the rest.

3. concreteasflesh

well the mother ship has a multiple attack if you watch the vids, it might attack only 1 unit at a time, maybe more, but it still has a multiple attack. and the fact it is a capital ship it would need the proper weaponry to stay a capital ship and not floating rubble.

4. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Blizzard has that there won't be anything like that for the Terran and Zerg. I look forward to seeing what their top tier unit(s) are but they won't be anything like that.

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I've mentioned this previously, nvm, i like what you've done with the idea ;D

6. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Hmmm...I like it, just one question....if its not meant to take out bases and such, why would it have a hydrogen bomb?

7. paragon

paragon Guest

I would not like anything bigger than a battlecruiser as a terran ship

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

it has a "bomb" stronger or wider than a nuke, and it not being affected by it? wow... talk about :powerup:

9. paragon

paragon Guest

Maybe it's a high altitude bomber super ship? We have bombers now that could drop nukes that could destroy entire cities that could not be affected by the nuke it dropped.

10. concreteasflesh

Ye its a high altitude Capital Flagship meaning small units like marines and hydras and goons couldnt reach it but turrets and cannons could, and other air units... that would be aweeeessssommeeee

11. paragon

paragon Guest

and by awesome you probably mean completely rigged and unfun

12. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    Those are actually really good ideas.

I don't think the marine/medic/tank drop is silly. I think its a really good idea since it has a supporting role and it's a superunit and it might turn the tide of a battle.

Yea I'd like it if it was a passive air repair bay on the capital flagship with very limited range. I was opposed to other ideas of a repair bay. I would like it on the capital flagship because
    1) It's on the top of the tech tree
    2) Theres only one capital flagship.
    3) It only affects air units
    4) Since it is the terran superunit and repair is a terran characterstic, then it makes sense to have it.

The Tactical Hydrogen Bomb is quite a good idea.. it's similar to the planet cracker, and since you mention high cooldown/high energy use, I think the idea is even better. Also the opposing player should be well aware that the Tactical Hydrogen Bomb is going to be dropped cause a big friggin Capital Flagship is hovering around your base. At least it's not ranged like the nuke so it won't be unbalanced at all.

:powerup:

13. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    Oh I didn't see this though. Yea this would be a bit unbalance. I mean if a rine/hydra/goon can destroy a battlecruiser then it surely can kill a "high altitude" Capital Flagship. I'm sure high altitude does not mean much in the starcraft world. I mean the mothership has to be pretty high up there too.

14. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Big and flying... its too much like the mothership =/

The terrans have an ultimate unit already, its called the nuke =]

15. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha maybe a big f-in tank will do for a terran superunit. Have it have like GPS siege abilities and anti-air swarm missles. ^_^

16. proswimma

proswimma New Member

Maine
    that actually sounds like a really good idea FlyingTiger

17. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    oh silly me for stating that idea ^_^

18. paragon

paragon Guest

omg liek lets have this tactical super de duper awesome sploding roxors mech tank bomber unit that flies and has a big cannon and shoots bombs that make lots of explodsions cause those are fun and games shouldnt have any reslemblance of balance

19. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

The best unit for Terran's ultimate unit would be a dropship that can contain TEN people, clearly overpowered though.
    edit: Paragon makes me feel like I fail at sarcasm :upset:

20. paragon

paragon Guest

not really. that wouldn't be that bad actually. certainly not an ultimate though