Terran strategy

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Razmabila, May 14, 2010.

Terran strategy

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Razmabila, May 14, 2010.

1. Razmabila

Razmabila Guest

Hi guys.. I need some help.

As a new player, I did choose to start playing with terran and only with terran. So far I find the game really tough, I’m now always sure of the strategy I have to use, I don’t really know how to counter all the different unit of each race.

What I do mostly is to try to go for reaper as fast as I can and attack my opponent ASAP! I did win 2 games this way but got raped several times. What would be your suggestion? Is it good to go for a reaper rush? What should be my build order if I do this? Once reaper rushes fail, should I go air ? And how to counter void ray?

2. RHStag

RHStag New Member

So far I have played a lot of reaper rushes too, in my experience this is what most of the time happens:

- Either your rush works, winning you the game.

- Or your rush doesn't win you the game immediately, but does harass your opponent effectively. Making him lose valuable time and drones/probes/SCVs. Either way, he's distracted.

When my reapers are then destroyed I have quite some minerals and gas in the bank. I build one or two additional Barracks, a Factory (first) and then two StarPorts. Pump out marines and marauders (upgraded) get some Medivacs and attack again. If your reaper rush was succesful you should be at an advantage.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  3. Razmabila

Razmabila Guest

With how many reapers should i rush? 5-6? More?

4. RHStag

RHStag New Member

I have the best results with a 4-reaper rush with speed upgrade (which finishes just as I enter the enemy mineral line). I usually use two Barracks for this rush, but it depends on the map.

5. Mako

Mako New Member

Add me on battlenet: Mako.john
    Im a plat player so I should be able to help quite a bit.

6. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    I would throw in some Marauders if the rush isn't fully effective, just in case they try to get some armoured firepower.

7. Arc

Arc New Member

well it's quite hard nowadays that people build 2 static defenses around their mineral line, nevertheless, reaper rush is still effective regardless of the outcome, disrupt his economy, while building double barracks and a factory, by the time the rush is over you should have a couple of marauders, marines, on the way to siege mode with your enemy just starting to regroup, well back to my first point, if he has a static defense near his mineral line, and esp is zerg with the queen, reaper rush is usually a waste of time