Terran Salvage Ship

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Imagine., Jun 26, 2007.

Terran Salvage Ship

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Imagine., Jun 26, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Since Protoss and Zerg get some pretty neat stuff, we as humans, should be able to recycle material. I would like the idea of having a salvage ship on the battlefield collecting destroyed parts and debris allowing me to gain small bits of minerals and vespene gas from every destroyed unit in the radius of the Salvage ship.

2. eclipse

eclipse New Member

haha yeah i like that idea, although it would be a problem getting the parts in the enemys base. but they should make it so after a while say 5-10 minutes the debris dissapears.

3. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i would love to see this idea in sc2 but as i mentioned in the "ideas that shouldnt be implemented" thread i believe this idea should be reserved for CoH and supcom ^_^ :p

4. thitian

thitian New Member

its gonna collect dead zerg corpses too? and what do terrans do with protoss material they find? i mean how will they recycle technology they dont understand? lol ` :eek:

anyways it should be able to cloak since itld be a nice target for any unit or yould have to sent a bunch of units with it everytime assuming build at the starport itld cost min+vespin you dont wanna lose 10 of these...

5. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

It wouldn't collect zerg corpses as they have no real material to reuse, if you do have a Salvage Ship on your side, you would still be collecting some minerals and vespene gas back from your destroyed units.

EDIT - I didn't see that topic but after searching for it Power, I would have to disagree! :D

6. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    eh i thought terrans don't recycle and lay waste to every planet they go to.

7. DontHate

DontHate New Member

the debris sinks into the ground after like 10 seconds though.

8. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

hmm.. I dont think the terrans are interested in recycling on tha battlefield would be alittle troublesome however I think it would be kool if they had like a repair bay building or add-on would be nice to mass repair :)

9. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    eh thats what SCVs are for! :D

10. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

ya but they cant repair air units or multiple things at once which is what I ment by saying mass-repair

11. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

Sure they can't repair multiple things at once but i'll be damned if I don't repair my expensive BCs after they tear through a base.

12. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    mass repair would just make the game more easier and convienient. Imagine having 10 critically damaged battlecruisers and just have it go to the repair place and leave them there. It's just too easy. It needs to balance out with other races by sacrificing mineral collecting to repair using SCVs. It'll be a huge advantage compared to zerg (heals very very slowly) and the protoss (only shield regeneration... and even that you need to build shield batteries and it has limited energy).

13. capthavic

capthavic New Member

It would be nice if you could sell/destroy structures and units you don't want anymore. But this isn't SupCom so no to your idea.

14. paragon

paragon Guest

This is true. They mine a planet until it's resources are exhausted and then they go to the next one.

15. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I believe Terrans are also opportunists and with that said, who wouldn't want to reuse material that has already been crafted? It's true that Terrans are resource hungry, however I would think that the conflict zone is deprived by resources as all three races are extracting the minerals and gas. So wouldn't the Terrans think about it? It would definitely save time and resources.

16. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

yes, till they lose the resource war cause they're too busy being environmentally efficient

17. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Dude...gotta cut down on the global warming....Terran only use hybrid goliaths ;)

18. Becka1988

Becka1988 New Member

i think the terran should get helicopters that shoot out homing missles that make the zerglings cry.

19. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

but from the gameplay demo, the stuff disappeared in 7 seconds

20. paragon

paragon Guest

This is why they have salvage yards (like the ones that Kerrigan said Mengsk was raiding to build his new fleet). They have contractors come in and pick the stuff up after the battle is over. You can't be doing that stuff in the middle of battle, someone could get killed.