Terran Planetary Fortress

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Imagine., Jul 17, 2007.

Terran Planetary Fortress

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Imagine., Jul 17, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

After viewing the leaked unit images from the Swedish scans and reading the translations, The Planetary Fortress is an armed upgrade to the Command Center. Now my questions follow; Would that mean that since Command Centers are able to lift off, would the Planetary Fortress be able to lift off as well? And since the Command Center was able to move via the lift off command, would the Planetary Fortress be able to attack-move since it now has a cannon of some sort?

Thoughts?

2. burkid

burkid New Member

i think that the fortress will be able to liftoff but wont be able to attack till it lands, so it would be like a seige tank, has to deploy first (minus the other attack)

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

if they can be lift off and move. then it would be a powerhouse unit or maybe a powerhouse defensive structure.

you can make more additional command center and upgrade them into planetary fortress and you get a big help in money maps. make 2 or more in choke points plus your units, bunkers, siege tanks,turrets will make life harder for your opponent/s.
    terran now has the ultimate defensive arsenal. 8)

4. burkid

burkid New Member

lol land one of these in the back of your opponents base. beats even the photon cannon strategy.

5. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

My main concern is with how strong the weapon would be.

6. burkid

burkid New Member

it cant be too strong. maybe like a battlecruiser or a bit more.

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

if its anti ground and air then its as strong as

2 siege tanks in siege modes
    6 turrets
    1 bunker with 4 marines inside
    and 2 normal command center combined equals the planetary fortress life(hp).

yes all of these combined. now this is a super unit. 8)

8. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

you shouldn't concern yourself with the strength of the weapon. be happy the command centercan attack

9. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I would not want command centers attacking me with overpowered cannons. Wouldn't you be ashamed if someone saved a replay of owning you with command centers armed with cannons?

10. burkid

burkid New Member

2 tanks? maybe it should do less than that. and 6 turrets? and that much hp? all that seems a bit imba. i would think 150% cc hp at the most.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

2 siege tanks in siege modes
    6 turrets
    1 bunker with 4 marines inside
    and 2 normal command center combined equals the planetary fortress life(hp).

i forgot to add this.

a yamato blaster and a nuke too which is researchable ofcourse.

bring on the mothership. 8)

12. burkid

burkid New Member

and everything else lol. are you gonna have scvs inside repairing while immune to damage as well?

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes ofcourse they are inside, they are immune. you can put your scv's inside the planetary fortress for repair an safety purposes. the more the better. if the planetary fortress explodes in air then the scv's will use their jet packs to survive but it the pf will explode in ground all scvs inside will die. not that imba right? 8)

ow you can send in more marines inside for maximum "bunker attack" total of 12. and yes they can change into reapers inside too. 8)

ok enough. ;D

14. Ych

Ych New Member

Just imagine how hard it is going to harrass a Terran mineral line with these suckers defending it.

The new Terrans base in SC2 is going to be 1 tough cookie to break down. Protoss got the Warping ability for more mobility while the Terrans get better defence with the introduction to the new supply depot and Planetary Fortress. Both set of new mechanics totally distinguish themselves from one-another. I seriously don't know which mechanic sounds more attractive. The Protoss Warp-ins or the new Terran defence mechanic. All I can say is, 2 :good: :good: up for the Blizzard developers for making both the Protoss and Terran so attractive on the new mechanics.

Speaking of the new mechanics of Protoss and Terran, I really wonder what the Zergs are going to get to compensate all this. Both Protoss and Terrans are looking mighty imbalanced and strong right now. Zerg is going to need a lot to compensate all those new Protoss and Terran toys/mechanics. But haha, people were saying the same thing about the Terrans and Zergs at the announcement day of SC2 since we only knew the Protoss toys/mechanics at that time. So prepare yourself everyone. We are in for a big surprise for our upcoming new Zerg toys/mechanics.

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I just realized something. It's going to be as equal a playing field as in Starcraft 1, but Starcraft 2 units and buildings are going to be so ****ing juiced up.

As much of a Terran player I am, I'm going to be very interested in the Zerg defense.

16. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Ych9 you better stop it right there. I think I'm gonna wet my pants just anticipating how much Zerg is gonna rock.

As much of a Terran player I am, no wait, I'm a Zerg player. Hell yea I'm damn interested in the Zerg defense. But more importantly, the Zerg offense. Bring it Blizzard, breeeng eeeet!!

As for the Planetary Fortress, I'm guessing it can lift but only attack when on the ground. I don't believe it will be too abusable offensively due to build time/cost and upgrade time/cost. It will also undoubtedly be tier 2 or higher. That makes me wonder if the Protoss Nexus will have tier 2/3 upgrades.

17. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

this seems so sweet
    hope it can attack while in air!
    every new unit i see makes me just want to play the game more and more. i was dissin the supply depos before but now those are sweet too.

SCV's with shotguns any1?

18. Ych

Ych New Member

Haha Remy, I know how you feel.
    I'm was soo impatient with SC2 info that I would basically do anything for just some info. I was soo disappointed with E3 with the lack of info. But then, BANG BANG BANG. July 17, 2007. A day where lots and lots of Terran units/mechanics were revealed to the public. And what we learned are some of the coolest and unique stuff that we would have never expected the Terrans to get. What happened this day really just made up for the disappointment of E3. I can rest in peace until BlizzConn rolls by.

But don't wet your pants yet ;)
    We still got 1 race that we know nothing about. I'm going to be keeping some spare pants beside me from now on, just in case the Zergs are showcased. Because I have to admit, I nearly wetted my pants today ;D haha. But when Zergs comes rolling by, errr it might really happen. So I have to prepare myself before hand. haha

19. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

i thought the whole point of calling it a planetary fortress was because it floated around the battlefeild.

20. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

ZOMG i love the new terran units. They are going with the theme of the terrans being able to adapt REALLY well. The Viking can transform? how cool is that! The Thor looks awsome as well..
    Floating firing fortress!!! ZOMG I LOVE TERRANS!