Terran design update!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, May 23, 2008.

?

What do you think, overall?

1. I like the latest Terran changes!

31 vote(s)
    73.8%
  2. I dislike the latest Terran changes!

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. I don't care / Some were good, some were bad.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%

Terran design update!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, May 23, 2008.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Zeratul11 already created a thread about the Bunker (major props to him for all the news he has found lately) , but I thought I should mention the rest of the changes too.

Well, as the picture shows, a lot of Terran stuff has changed. The Refinery (and I think the Factory) have slightly changed, the Bunker looks completely awesome and the Siege Tank has less team color and more gray, which makes it look more crude, which I like.

Also, note the Terran emblem covering all buildings now (the one on top of the Bunker). First it was seen on the Marine shield (the OLD shield) and then it was on the shoulders of the Marauder, but now it's on Supply Depots and whatnot.

Everything can be seen in this screenshot: http://eu.starcraft2.com/images/screenshots/ss86-hires.jpg

EDIT* I just noticed in the upper left corner of the screenshot... The Radar Dome! Oh yeah! Once again, the Radar Tower appears to be upgradable. I guess the Radar Dome will work the same as last time; the Tower will provide the short range detection, while the Dome will take care of the long range unit spotting.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  2. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    yesh! i have seen it aswell and it is awesome! thanks gmg for the thread and thank zeratul for the good update! *collapse on the floor*

PS: i love the factory and the bunker

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes the emblems are everywhere. and there are more lighter shades of grey on the buildings.

omg. the old bunker really suck compared to the new one. i still dont like the refinery's look, the other side looks plain flat.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  4. 574RCR4F7

574RCR4F7 New Member

I like the idea of putting the enblem on the buildings/units, but too much of it looks like as if some a$$hole put some grafitti on them.. :(

5. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    i don't think it does, the lines of the emblem are too fine, too fine that even a grafitti's line can't even beat it

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Updated the opening post with a lil' find I just made. The Radar Dome is back.

7. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    There also appears to be an updated(?) Marauder model or at least something that is infantry and looks awesome. Note I think we are seeing the Marauder from behind. I love this update now more than ever. Sneaky Blizzard!

Attached Files:

8. Light

Light Guest

Yay, new bunkers look much better!

9. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    I love this new stuff, the only thing i could mention is that they need to make the bunkers, refinery and missle turret look more like they're in the ground not like they've just been edited into the photo (the barracks as CC are fine as far as that goes)

but I'm sure they'll polish that little bit =)

10. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I wonder if there'll be few different emblems in campaign for all the terran factions

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    That sounds both cool and probable.

I have studied the screenshot for quite a while now, and I think the Command Center might get a revamp. Compare it to all the other buildings. It looks out of place somehow. Except for the saturation, it looks exactly like the very first CC shown to us. All other Terran buildings have changes since then.
    And look at all the emblems. All buildings have them now... 'cept the CC. Almost like they didn't feel the need to add it. That could be because they plan to change it soon.

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

changing the command center is fine with me. i think the command center right now looks passive and plain. hhmm.

also i think the planetary fortress upgrade should look really different from the cc not just adding a huge turret above it. make it look like a futuristic fortress.

also the emblems just need some photoshop and details, right now it just looks plain white paint.

13. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    Yeah! I love the new look of the buildings. The bunker looks so tough now! Totally sweet!!!

14. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The bunkers looks so dam good to be destroyed, if i play sc2 and play terrans, i would protect the new good looking bunker at all cost!

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I can't wait to unleash some Zealots on that new Bunker... or even use Swarm Guardians against it. Very tasty indeed.

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the new bunker looks tougher, maybe it now have additional hit points. i dont like the refinery, it looks out of place from all other terran buildings. i hope the merch haven "bar" deisign or model is gone already. it would cool too see reapers coming out from a high tech prison cell.

17. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I seriously doubt that the Bunker got a hit point boost because it looks more awesome now. :D

It had (and has) 350 hp because it was balanced, not because it looked 350-ish.

18. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

It still looks a bit too much like WC3 for me. WC2 did the same thing when it jumped to WC3 it lost most of its real looking graphics and became cartoony, with lost of colors and rounded edges.

I dont know what engine they are running it on but turn down the light this is supposed to be a dark tail not a lets go stroll skipping through the fields.

19. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali
    i wish that we can create our own emblem that would be sweet

20. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Ya. That would be cool to change it. But to like pre-made ones. Like in Homeworld 2. WC2 looks nothing like WC3. The only thing close to it is the trees.