Terran buildings' landing sequence

Discussion in 'Terran' started by L89, Jul 16, 2007.

Terran buildings' landing sequence

Discussion in 'Terran' started by L89, Jul 16, 2007.

1. L89

L89 New Member

Another idea about my favourite race ^_^

You know in sc1 whenever there are units underneath the buildings while landing, the buildings stop in midair.

Well, personally, i think this should be changed.
    There are two options.
    1. Buildings can land whether there are allied, your own, or enemy units underneath.
    2. Buildings can land whenever EXCEPT when allied or your own units are underneath.

I believe that either option 1 or option 2, it is a really good idea. I mean, if you are the building operator and you see a tiny zergling underneath it, will you seriously going to stop and say, "Oh what a cutie, I think I am going to hover here until it goes away so I won't crush it."

However, to keep it from being an ott ability, let's say that if an ultra great unit comes rumbling along (such as the ultralisk in sc1) landing on top of it will also significantly damage the building itself.
    --

That was the first part of my idea. The second, related concept is that buildings can land on burrowed zerg units. Again, this can damage/kill the units (or the zerg player cannot control them until the buildings have gone/been destroyed). This means that the terran player will not be able to use buildings to detect burrowed units (ie he will not get to know that there are burrowed units in the area, or he will not know that in fact he has just crushed some zerglings that were under the surface) Meanwhile, of course, zerg units burrowed in the area surrounding the building will be unaffected.
    --

Sorry for the mess above. It was a bit difficult to word my thoughts. Comments?
    Btw: it may seem pointless to put these ideas in the game but imho they are closer to the reality than what it was like in sc1.

2. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    nice idea. killing careless units and squishing them. that just might work. and landing on big units such as the tanks and ultralisks will damage the building is also close to reality.

3. Ych

Ych New Member

Good idea.
    I agree with you. It doesn't really make sense whatsoever if there was a Zergling, and you wanted to land but yet, it won't let you land. If it was say, like a marine, you probably wouldn't want to land because it would kill your marines and you don't want to kill your unit. But since it's a Zergling, forgodsake, you are at war with them. I see no reason why you couldn't just land and kill that little bugger that is trying to block your landing position.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

a good counter for the lurkers.

5. paragon

paragon Guest

that would be ridiculously overpowered

6. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea lol. for instance, blocking ur ramp. If you chose to lift it and an enemy attacks, normally ur doomed. Howerever with this, u get to kill a bunch of the enemies AND block ur ramp.

7. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Hmm I can't think of any reason not to do that. I guess it would be ok if it only crushes enemy units.

8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Landing on lurkers lol thats just mean. While this idea would make the game more realistic, it would make early rushes through a narrow space (like a ramp) absolutely impossible. Good idea though but for balance reasons :bad:

9. paragon

paragon Guest

i dont think landing on a burrowed unit would be able to kill it... it'd just dig up somewhere nearby.

10. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

just allow it to land on any mobile units and units under could just unstack away (just like when moving units under buildings while they land)

11. L89

L89 New Member

Mmm, so overall people think its a cool but bad idea? Mmm, it can be overpowered but by tweaking some aspects such as the landing time, the units it is able to kill and the units which will cause backfire damage to the building, it should imho be able to fit nicely with the rest of the game.