Terran Artwork

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Mar 3, 2009.

Terran Artwork

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    At the bottom of the Starcraft Wikia page dedicated to the Viking I found this:

[​IMG]

I am simply stunned at how it combines simplicity with awesomeness. Definitely not what I had envisioned the Viking pilot to look like, but in a positive meaning - it's beyond my expectations.
    I just hope that the final in-game Viking portrait looks as much as its artwork as the Battlecruiser does, judging form this artwork:

[​IMG]

On the Firebat page I found this:

[​IMG]

It's of poor quality but shows what it would have looked like in-game from a good angle. All the pictures I'd seen of the SC2 Firebat prior to this one were from a topdown view, not revealing as much.
    I know the Terrans are better off with the Marauder with the looks and the Hellion with the attack... But God does it look badass.

Something about running up to your foe, fists raised, and incinerating them in a flood of fire appeals to me more than to shoot concussive grenades in their faces with the intent to slow them down so that you can run away...

If somebody already posted these pictures - I totally missed it. Myself, I never saw these until now, so I thought I'd share.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    The BC pilot reminds me of
    [​IMG]
    The cyborg lady adjutant is enough man-machine in my opinion, and I think all the units should be 100% human. Well, Terran.

Nice pics though, especially the firebat. I too, would prefer it over the current state of affairs. But as Artosis and Idra have pointed it out the change was (at least partially) to mix up the clear cut Zerg - barracks Protoss - factory correspondence, which effectively serves to diversify matchups, which is good.

3. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I actually noticed the Viking pilot concept art yesterday, when I was looking for Viking quotes.

Many bricks were shat. It looks so good.

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Is the BC What'stheranknowagain really that much of a cyborg? To me it just looks like he has a hearing device and a sight enhancer of sorts. Common future technology stuff that just helps his oldering senses a little.

Also, the SC2 Adjutant is hardly the woman-machine it was in SC1. It's just an AI with the shape of a woman's face.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  5. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I don't mind the BC artwork at all - It's just prosthetics (very gritty prothesthetics :eek:). It's definitely not as man-machine as the Terran Adjutant.

6. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i agree, i like the slightly cyberneticly enhanced battlecruiser captain. But damn does that make me miss the firebat. :(

7. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    that's hella sexy (the first pic)
    i thought at first it was a photo of someone who wanted to dress up like his favorite SC unit xD

8. kuvasz

Hungary
    Currently we're in the 21st century and we have hearing aids the size of a pea... hence, that's not a hearing aid, that's a tin of baked beans added for awes0meness. As for his eye, it looks like a false eye, not just some enhancer. Besides, he doesn't need eye sight at all, he has a crew, radars and all sorts of equipment on the ship.

9. Light

Light Guest

The shape and design of the BC commander's hat keeps bugging me. But awesome artwork!

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Good point. But we don't know how capable it is. It might be far more sofisticated, requiring the size. Also, awesomeness sound like a good enough reason for me. :D

Aside from that, it looks to me like he has lost his entire ear. Having only a pea on the side of your bald and ear-mutilated head would look sad.

I guess it does. As far as arguing against the artwork, that holds merit, but I'd like to point out that the actual unit portrait has a different sight enhancer.

Believe it or not, eyesight is still quite the joy and can be appreciated outside military activity. I am sure it comes in handy when he's for example reading a book in his quarters.

Also, how is the increased sight not needed for reading data off of all the equipment you mentioned?

11. kuvasz

Hungary
    Well his crew would do the reading. But good point with wanting to see things when not at work :D /facepalm
    As for the in-game portrait, I thought it was an eye patch for wanting to be retro.

12. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

Hay Overmind isn't a firebat in your signature
    I think the viking looks kinda odd and is the second picture a battlecruiser porteait?

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yeah, that's a Firebat in his signature.

Why do you think the Viking portrait looks odd?

Yes, it's a Battlecruiser portrait artwork.

14. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

It just doesn't pop out for me that the picture shows someone that has been in near death lots of training and roughend by training.

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    All in a Viking mech.

So the pilot would be unharmed until GLAVE WURM THROUGH WINDSHIELD, or Viking vaporized.

Or kaboomed with other Terran weapons.

16. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

The rise of the machines are coming forth in the terran age!!

SC1 - Science Vessel = Robo-gay dude
    SC2 - Battle Cruiser = Deteriorating-cyborg