terran are getting to bubbly

Discussion in 'Terran' started by CapMan, Aug 2, 2007.

terran are getting to bubbly

Discussion in 'Terran' started by CapMan, Aug 2, 2007.

1. CapMan

CapMan New Member

i think the terran units/buildings are getting WAY to bubbly they dont look as mean as they do in starcraft 1 blizzard needs to make the terrans look boxy because thats who terrans are. but thats just me

2. DontHate

DontHate New Member

bubbbly!??! u mean they're getting too roundish? yes that is sort of true i guess, the supply depo sort of looks rounder and stuff, but i dont really care. what does it matter anyways?

3. CapMan

CapMan New Member

it really doesnt i just think the terran look better when they were boxy they looked really mean but it really doesnt matter

4. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Well, I think if they keep them too much the same like in Starcraft people will complain its just the same thing with better graphics. I personally think Blizzard has done a good job so far with the unit and building designs and graphics. They make it look familiar but fresh at the same time.

5. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

I do agree that they look good at the moment. But I think Capman makes a valid point. I think Blizzard IS sort of leaning on the edge of potentially making the buildings a tad too "soft." However, I'm also thinking if this is partly has to do with the narrative of the Terran story. In SC1, given their nomadic status, one would tend to believe that their structures and units might look a little rundown and stained. The original supply depot looked like it was compiled of factory parts scattered around and zapped together, which actually is what gave it the "badass" look IMO. But the Terrans have come a long way since then and I think it's only right that they sort of update themselves a lil bit to match the ever so flawless looking structures of the Protoss. It'd be kind of weird if they were forever rundown... forever... lol.

6. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    You also gotta figure that the two types of Terran, Dominion and UED, aren't really that nomadic anymore....they are empires!!! >:D

7. CapMan

CapMan New Member

are you suggesting TWO diffrent types of terran?

8. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I mean the two main factions....unless you also include Raynor's Raiders

9. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

I really hated the new look of the buildings when I first looked at the screenshots. But once you look at them enough, you get used to their style and they seem fine.

10. capthavic

capthavic New Member

You people could complain about anything. The terrans don't look "bubbly" at all.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

they look fine.

and i agree with the post above, we dont want the same look of the orignal but better graphics. starcraft 2 is new and we need fresh looking units and structures. terran are RICH why make structures look nomadic and rusty. anyway there was SOME FEW mistake in making the terran structure in starcraft 1. im sure of that. but now everything can be made almost perfect well fot the next 10 years again. ^^

12. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I really dont mind as long as they still rely on tactical moves and recon to use.

13. surr

surr New Member

old siege tanks are round lol

14. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    lol. the moment i saw the title of this thread i was thinking that the terrans talk a lot. anyway, yeah i kinda agree. the terrans are ridiculously big. i wonder if that would compromise their speed.

15. Sir_Wezlo

Sir_Wezlo New Member

Yea I do agree that they do look more roundish but its a change that's set in stone now so to say. Some of them I like and I will miss the looks of the SC1 Command Centers and the Barricks. As ArchLimit nicely put it now that they actually have a bit of time to make their buildings better, they all have some kind change to show that they've come a long way since SC1. What WOULD be cool is that in some maps you can find remains of SC1 buildings and if you can get them to work they can be used.

16. qOcOp

qOcOp New Member

Starcraft 2 is too 3d-ish and looks too different from sc. also it looks too much like to sc.

(sarcasm)