Terra-tron as a superweapon

Discussion in 'Terran' started by VANCOPOWER, Apr 24, 2009.

Terra-tron as a superweapon

Discussion in 'Terran' started by VANCOPOWER, Apr 24, 2009.

1. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

HELL THAT WAS A GOOD JOKE. :) I almost believed it, hehe. But still it seems to me like nice idea. Imagine this:

you are surrounded by swarm of Zerg but, you managed to save some minerals and gas. But your army is running low

the Zerg are expanding even further before you know it you are left with empty base and a few soldiers. Now you have

all the buildings the entire tech tree researched and no army to fight “HELL IT`S MORPHING TIME!!!!!” But unit such as

this will be far from balanced so there should be major drawbacks from this, like all of the remaining bases will serve

as spare parts and are inactive, and all the SCV`S will be turned in to flying battle units which the Terra-tron can

produce. Also this should be timed event like 15 min, also everything needs to be researched and built again, and

also Terra-tron will dissolve in to normal command center, from where you can start expanding again. But with the

destructive power of the Terra-tron your enemy will also have to build from the start hehe. ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Wall of text!
    And the terra-tron? You're 3 weeks late, bud.

3. This would be too imba .. obviously ... I can't believe I'm replying to this.

Basically, all you need to do is just rush a few depots, barracks, and whatever else a Terra-tron needs and just rush the enemy while they're still working on getting units.

That way, you'll never even have to dream of being in the situation you're talking about above.

4. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

TERRA-TRON.

HP = to all base parts hp.
    ENERGY = 600
    DEFF = A LOT (will suffer extra DMG from units who are strong against buildings)
    MAIN ATTACK = HELL A LOT + full splash (ground only)

SECONDARY ATTACK = NOT SO MUCH BUT ENOUGH x 6 multi attack (6 targets at once) (air only)

THIRD ATTACK = CLOSE RANGE (buildings only)

ABILITIES:
    1. Produce flying units, ()
    2. Consume base to restore HP.
    3. Consume base to restore little summon time.
    4. Rain of nukes.

NO you see the Terran will need all the tech researched and all of the buildings present to enable the TERRA-TRON. That way will serve as the last line of defense. Also the player will be crippled to use nothing else in that way a huge battle will be engaged. Yea well I just want to see what will the people say about this hehe I LIKE BIG THINGS.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    All tech researched? That means that you've been spending all your resources on all the tech instead of actually using it to build troops.

I can't see something like this being used in professional games

6. VANCOPOWER: No matter how you want to spin it this is just plain a bad idea. The Mothership as it was revealed in the announcement video was terrible but this is just ridiculous.

7. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

I disagree all big things are good idea, what is the Terran unique unit any way, they have thor but does not have cool abilities like Protoss mothership...

8. So you'd like for StarCraft II to ruin all chances of having a progaming scene so you can watch a big robot kill everything in it's path including fun?

9. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Even if this was only used in the situation you described it would be horrible, if you are that far behind you should lose, there should be no magic button to press to comeback when you've simply been outplayed like that.

10. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

I hear the model will be in the map editor. I think it would be fun to have such a unit, but it wouldn't be very balanced you know.

11. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

Would be interesting in a UMS map though.

12. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    No, it wouldn't. Indefeatable superunits always suck, no matter in what sort of situation. And why is there even a discussion on this being in the actual game or not? It was a freaking april fools joke! :s

13. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    It will be very good for custom games. Alongside the Tauren Marine. :D

14. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    No way in hell would this work out right, you can't just give one race the ability to produce a superweapon as a "last resort" when any other race would be completely defenseless in the same situation.

15. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

Don't know what UMS games you play but from what I've played in the UMS area of battle.net OP'd units are everywhere and in a lot of the popular games. Just because you don't enjoy UMS games with OP'd units you can control or run from in the end doesn't mean other people don't. Battleships and Battletanks in wc3 are perfect examples of this. As are a tone of games in BW UMS maps.

16. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    That may be true. However, an unit that is almost invurnerable isn't balanced in any game, not even UMS. There is just no way somebody could make this work, unless:

- your objective is to build one and win with it
    - other players must prevent this from happening

Sort of a, erm, build the flag or something. But as a regular unit, it will be to OP in any game. No matter how you look at it.

17. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

Unless again if its a game like battletanks or battleships where its available to everyone but they have to get a tone of money in order to afford it. Also it doesn't have to be invulnderable just hard to kill. I don't know what UMS games you've been playing, but there are a tone of games out there with units like the tera-tron available to all the players.

18. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

OMG I did not expected so many posts on this, ok here is some serious info if we ware considering super weapons:

Terrans:

1. The terran player will have a Tech bar and until it`s full it can not unlock the Terra tron super weapon. This means that all tech and building must be present.

2. I said earlier the economy and the building should be crippled by making them fighter units. (in other words the terran Is mobilizing everything in to army.)

3. also since all of the buildings are now inactive which means no more army for the terran.

4. timed event if the terran does not make haste he/she me loose the game. At the end of the clock the terran will be left with only 1 comm. Center and a lot of ineffective building and empty tech bar which means everything has to be build and researched all over again .

Zerg:

1. The zerg player should have 2 infestation bars. 1 for protoss and 1 for terran. This would mean that the zerg must infest enough of the terran or protoss buldings to unlock it`s

superweapon and that is infested terran or protoss joining the cause with new capacity bar and all of their units enhanced with the zerg tech.

2. For example when the terran bar is full the zerg will spawn (Infested command center with the ability to make SCV like normal command center but enhanced with some new feature like free larva per SCV or at least free zergling .)

3. Same for the protoss when the protoss infestation bar is full the zerg can spawn (infested nexus…)

4. There should be minor or no drawback from this since the whole process is too difficult to achieve.

Protoss:

1. The Protoss should have a power bar which fills when protoss are expanding the pylon network. For example 10% of the map covered with pylon power is 20% full power bar. (this might be a problem since we have different map sizes)

2. When filled 50% the pylons gain the ability to produce minerals per sec. small amount per pylon. That’s when 25% of the map is covered in pylons.

3. At 75% the protoss player can warp group of free zealots per 5 min.

4. And at 100% that’s 50% of map in pylon power, they can warp units anyware on the map with no delay or extra charge. Which means the game will be over but still 50% of map is a lot.

5. Their drawback will be the destruction of pylons by their opponents which means the bar will go down and they have to build again.

P.S. It`s cool to have super weapons but to balance them it will take years, so good luck maybe starcraft 3 will put some lol.

19. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

I'm not sure if your talking about a regular melee game if you are then.. This unit should stay out... But as for UMS sounds interesting!

20. This topic is still going?

*facepalm*