Sweet D2 Expansion Mod

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Space Pirate Rojo, Sep 21, 2007.

Sweet D2 Expansion Mod

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Space Pirate Rojo, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    http://modsbylaz.planetdiablo.gamespy.com/

This mod for Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction redoes the entire game. It is significantly harder with new and edited enemies, but the classes have new spells and items to help them do so.

Gems and Runes now have new bonuses. If you use the right Jewel in the right item, you can get bonuses.
    All items except rings and amulets can become socketed.

Mutliplayer is only available through IP addresses and Open B.Net. The other people you want to play with must have this mod.

I've got a 32 Shadow Necromancer so far and I'm going to try the Amazon.

I'll keep track of secret jewel bonuses.

Magic Find Jewel into a belt = % of Magic Find, +5 to all Attributes, Requirements -10%.
    +Life Jewel into gloves = +Life, +5 to all stats, +50ish Mana, +20 Life

2. Daseti

Daseti Guest

Sounds awsome, only problem is i lost my d2 keys so i'll just have to play it on my old virus ridden comp. XD

3. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Amazons are amazing. I get myself surrounded on purpose, summon a wall of archers, then spam a spell that fires arrows in every direction.

Also, found a new secret Jewel bonus. Editing first post.

4. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Well I played a D2 mod once alled Zy-El, but im not gonna play a new mode unless it changes the storyline of the game.

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    They don't even have that anymore in this mod...

I have a 24 Bow Amazon and 19 Thunder Slam Barbarian now. My Amazon can dish out massive damage over extremly long ranges. My Barbarian has incredibly fast Dual Wield, massive health and armor, and a large AoE stun.

6. Daseti

Daseti Guest

I only got a lvl 10 pally but he rox0rs!

Valor of Judgement (Whatever the name Is) lvl 3 has like 30 spell duration with bolts that do 10-15 i think, every 0.2 seconds. I hopes it get to about 100+ XD

7. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

I might actually download your mod willy. Any screenies?

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I would play it, except I can't find my D2 cd. I must be retarded.

9. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Damn, I lend my copy to my brother and he is the only one who could find it in his room - on top of that hes gone over the weekend. The mod looks pomising hope it works on the German Language version.

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

are you allowed to transfer ur normal d2 account over? Probably not, but w.e. Seems neat, just hope there are not as many hacks as there are in the open.net thing.

11. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

It is a complete conversion (expect the story) afaik so it would be very very weird if you could transfer old ones.

12. Daseti

Daseti Guest

You can't transfer your old D2 Account because this mod has re-done all the skills.

13. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    I tried an Assassin but I wound up dying in the Den of Evil. The randomly generated Den I got had too large of a cluster of Zombies, Fallen, 3 Shamans, and a lot of Skeletons.

Might try a Druid or Paladin today.

14. Daseti

Daseti Guest

The amazon pwns all XD but im not even out of the first act yet so heh.

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Played my Thunder Slammer to 22.

My mercenary died in the Andariel fight but I never bothered reviving her. Turns out I can solo just fine with a unique Giant Sword. Mana Steal, +1 to all skills. I'm safe as long as I Thunder Slam whenever I can and use potions when I have 200 or so health.

I still love the fact you can gamble and get uniques.

16. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Anyone still playing it?
    I got my amazon through act 5 and trying assasin now.
    Amazon was amazing from the start and only started getting some trouble near the end of act 4, all the time with barrage mostly. What was even more amazing was my merc - shapeshifter from act 2. He could tank nearly anything in any quantities, only some cheap attacks (most of them triggered on death) and bosses could bring him down.
    As for Assasin, she is terribly weak at start but after few levels gets very strong, Black Lotus strike deals some hundred damage on first level (char lv6), so I just hit few times to spread poison and run around waiting for mobs to die in agony. Also teleport with stun never hurts. I just beat Andariel with little problem at level 20 and I spent like ~11 points into attributes so far (I want to try challanges but I'm confused about ammounts needed :?)

I didn't pay much attention to these secret jewel bonuses but just now I put +5 dex jewel into helmet (+5 to all attributes and 1 or 2 more bonuses) and I think I have +STR in my shield.

I remember having +7 or +9 to all attributes on my amazon but no idea what were the jewels :(

17. Daseti

Daseti Guest

I got bored of it after a while, im really into Battlefield 2 and the Special Forces expansion.

It's even better now that i found an aussie clan to squad up with, you'd be amazed what a difference one squad can make.

As for the D2 mod, i love the new spells and spell graphics but the type of mod i would really like to see is a total conversion, new landscape new quests new character classes new bosses all new weapons/images.

I really liked the paladins choice in either being a Dark Paladin or a Holy Paladin. offered the best of both worlds.

18. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

nice mod, i actually worked on a d2 mod once but it was too much work